Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Full Screen not full screen v1.4

W4WHL
W4WHL Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
V1.4 in full screen mode does not take up the entire screen.  The window does not extend all the way to the right.  A small portion of the desktop can be seen down the right edge.  Not a major issue, but a bit annoying cosmetically.

Other than this minor issue, v1.4 seems to work great.

W4WHL

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is not a bug.  This is a new feature that prevents the SmartSDR console from being obscured by the task bar.  If you do not have a taskbar on your monitor at the bottom where SmartSDR is in full screen mode, there will be a gap.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim,

I'm not talking about the bottom, this gap is on the right side.  After testing this gap does not appear on 1080p and above displays but it is there on 2 laptops that run resolution 1366 x 768.  i will get a picture later.

Regards

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Yes. pictures please!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have the gap all the way down the right side when running v1.4 in full screen.  I am running 1080p.  Let me get a picture.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Here's a pic that I took of just the right side of the screen while in full screen mode in 1080p.

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yes that's the exact issue I have!  Thanks.  Yes that gap on the right side is annoying, but just cosmetic.  But I would like to see it fixed.

w4WHL
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Oh, that is just a few pixels.  This has to do with DPI scaling.  Are you using Win8 or greater?
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm Win 7 64 bit

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have tested win7 64, and win 8 64 both exhibit the same thing on the right edge.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    I see what you are describing.  This is already in our bug tracker for additional investigation.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Only this morning I have this issue. SSDR will not scale to full screen as all other apps do. I can't drag it bigger either. I am not sure why this only happened this morning? Strange. 
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    From what I have experienced, this only happens on my monitors that use 1400x900 resolution.  It does not happen on my screens using 1366x768 or 1900x1080.

William
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    I just started using a second monitor and it is running at 1920x1080 and SmartSDR takes up the entire width but leaves 2 inches of open desktop space on the bottom.  Is this a bug or are there some adjustments I should make?  

If I reduce the resolution to lower values SmartSDR will fill the screen properly but the recommended and native resolution is 1920x1080 so I would prefer to use the correct resolution and not have to make a change only when I use SmartSDR.
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Support ticket submitted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.