Full-Duplex Satellite Operation on Flex-6300

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
If I understand the User Guide section "28.3.2 FLEX-6300 and FLEX-6500 Full Duplex" correctly, it says that FDX will be enabled ONLY if the receive port is XVTR in receive-only mode.

My current mode of operation (pre-1.5) is to use the XVTR port as the transmit port and ANT2 as the receive port to the transverters. This allows "semi-full-duplex" (receive audio muted but the waterfall on receive is active).

If I use 1.5 in this mode, I can enable FDX but the receive audio is muted as before.

If the first paragraph above is correct, then I will have to limit (in satellite mode) the power output to ANTx to the maximum transverter TX IF input level, in my case +5dBm. And use the XVTR port as the receive port.

Am I undertanding FDX for the 6300 correctly?

Ron W5RKN
Photo of Ron Parsons

Ron Parsons

• 71 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 85 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Official Response
With FDX enabled you should be able to listen on ANT1/ANT2 at the same time you are transmitting on XVTR.

The only restriction is that you can't listen to your TX Slice audio unless the RX frequency of the TX Slice is more than 12kHz away (this stops echoes). Does the full-duplex operation with satellites require you to receive on the same frequency as you are transmitting? 

If you do need to listen on the same frequency this can be accomplished by using two slices. The slice that is not the TX Slice will receive the audio with FDX enabled.
(Edited)