Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 - settings for remote operation

Options
Lorenzo Mendini
Lorenzo Mendini Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, next week i will go in my holiday place and if is possible i will like make some qso in FT8 mode using my laptop (with me in remote qth) and my Flex6300 at my home.

i think that with the 2.4.9 version of SSDR will be simple but i don't know how to set the WSJT-X, SSDR and Smartlink.
Anyone can suggest me how make this setup? Many thanks 

Answers

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I use the free TeamViewer for FT8 When wanting to work FT8 remote
  • Lorenzo Mendini
    Lorenzo Mendini Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ho, don’t want use the pc in my qth!!!
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The DAX and CAT applets have a configuration symbol at the top right of the applet. 
    clicking it will present you with two options, one of which is for Smartlink. Select it and when the radio uses Smartlink your DAX and CAT functionality will be the same as if you were home or at your base station. DAX is very hungry when it comes to using data. Enjoy it.
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I run FT8 remotely and use a laptop.  You run FT8 on the laptop and Flex System's CAT to keep frequency synchronization and DAX for audio transport. These need to be on the same LAN at the remote site. Use CAT to select an available COM port on your laptop and use 'setup' in FT8 to assign the same port.  Set up DAX by assigning a DAX channel for RX and click on that channel and the TX channel.  Make sure you have activated the DAX button on the 6300. Then select "Audio" in the FT8 setup and select the same DAX channel you activated in DAX. I found that using VOX for the PTT works fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.