Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8, RTTY Modulating Audio Dropouts

Options
Dawg Fan
Dawg Fan Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When sending AFSK or FT8 on my 6600M using latest software my modulating audio will drop out 2 or 3 times during a normal exchange, the dropout is brief but the radio output goes to zero during the dropout as there is no modulating audio signal.  Is there a setting in windows that is causing this problem?  I have two 6600Ms on different computers and they both have the same issue.

Comments

• Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Check your network connection. I had the same issue. Rebooting my cable modem seem to resolve the issue. Also the network gauge at the bottom wasnt too happy. Hope you have the same issue.
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    my network guage going from 5 green bars to 3 yellow and an occasional red.  Will try resetting.  I am running off an ATT wireless extension box which is connected to the house ATT internet box.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    This is an issue that I and several others have posted about. In my case it's with my 6700 and SSDR 2.5.1. It happens infrequently. Works fine then power output drops to zero.

Connection is via Ethernet cable to the PC
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I reset the extension box and when I have all green bars the problem goes away.  Thanks for the input.
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Make sure your high and low cut transmit frequency are set properly. If your transmitting near the edges you could get drop out like you described Mike NN9DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.