Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 randomly stops transmitting

Options
Tjerk Lammers
Tjerk Lammers Member
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My 6300 is still in the box while I am waiting for my dedicated Lenovo M93e with W10, i3, 8GB & 250 SSD. Meanwhile, I am furiously studying for my B.Flex degree.
I have been using WSJT-X with my Icom 7600 with only a USB cable between the radio (no interface) and the laptop. CAT is used for PTT.
The problem often crops up and WSJT-X returns a "Rig Control Error" and then I have to go through the whole routine to get started again by either shutting down or using Taskmaster.
At times the IC-7600 goes into transmit but with no output; thus receiving no sound from WSJT-X.
Do I set up the Flex for WSJT-X as per Michael's video but set the radio as a Kenwood and not as a Flex in WJST-X?
Tjerk ZS1J

Answers

• Gary Sheridan
    Gary Sheridan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I set my 6500 up with the kenwood settings, it works perfectly. I couldn’t get it to work with the settings described in the video. I can send you some screen shots of my settings to your email if that would be helpful. 73, Gary
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You can set the radio up in WSJT-X as a Kenwood and use a serial com port in CAT. Or you can setup the radio as a Flex in WSJT-X and setup a network port in CAT. I think there is a default one already on port 5002. It works either way, they just have to be compatible.
  • Tjerk Lammers
    Tjerk Lammers Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It would be much apprciate if you could send me the screen shots Danny.

Tjerk ZS1J/ ZS6P
    zs6p@iafrica.com
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Setting up using the network port is far superior to the COM Cat port in my opinion.

Here at the WWV event we have two Flex radios both running FT8 at times and in over 1700 digital contacts in 3 days we've not had a single rig control failure on the Flex radios.

Our other radios on the other hand have been a bit of a nightmare with COM ports.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.