Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ft8 and jt65-unable to decode either...what am I doing incorrectly?

N3WWL
N3WWL Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The title says it all.  I am using a Flex 6300 with the latest software version and the latest version from WSJT.  I also installed Meinberg's time interface as per Ria, N2RJ's instructions.  I believe I have the setup done correctly as I can see WSJT receiving as well as I am able to transmit. The WSJT program's receive meter shows about half scale (40db), so I don't think I'm over driving anything. The receive window in WSJT just stays blank.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have been trying for 3 days and can't figure it out.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    If all electrical parameters look good my guess is (even though you might not agree) is that you are not selecting the mode you think you are or you are not receiving the modes you think you are or you are on the wrong sideband.
  • Donovan van Loggerenberg
    edited February 2018

make sure you are not opening rig control through another software. only open WSJT.

I made that mistake and confuses WSJT no end.

• N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Perhaps you're on to something as far as mode.  Should DIGIU be used regardless of band?  I am not in front of the PC/Flex at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I've been using DIGIL on 40m and DIGIU on 20m. 
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Only open programs are SmartSDR, DAX, CAT and WSJT.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Did you check your receive bandwidth? Set it to 3kHz. How is your time sync? Please use meinberg. Windows built in time sync is insufficient. Time sync is the #1 issue people have. DAX stuttering could be another issue. Try stopping and starting DAX. Underpowered computers also don’t work well with DAX if you use multiple CPU hogging applications.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    DIGU should always be used. LSB is only used with SSB voice.
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ok....was using DIGL.  I will give it a try when I am back in the shack.  Hopefully, that's it.  
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No logging program being used.  Using Meinberg per your advice. Bandwidth set to 3kC.   I will post my findings when I am able to.  Thanks to all so far for the help...
  • Paul M
    Paul M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Is the Monitor button  on WSJT-X Green?  If not enable Monitor
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Some good comments here.  The easy time to confirm your time is correct is to have a look at www.time.is.  (yes, a valid website).

Can you post some screen shots of your WSJT screen, DAX screen and SmartSDR screen?  www.greenshot.org is an awesome screen grabbing tool.

Mike va3mw

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Does it also capture English screens? :P
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    oh my... sorry, wrong link  http://getgreenshot.org/

Mike

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    HAHA OK. I use http://ngwin.com/picpick for the same thing more or less.
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Monitor is "green".  Mode set to DIGU.  Still unable to decode.  Sending screen shots shortly
  • kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    A thought, left click PC Audio at the upper right corner of the waterfall screen, it should turn blue. Do you hear anything from your system default speakers? If not you dont have the correct input audio selected.
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I uninstalled Meinberg, then reinstalled it.  WSJT is working now.  Perhaps I installed Meinberg incorrectly on the initial attempt.  I was trying to upload screen shots here, but couldn't figure out how.  Thanks to all for the help.  I greatly appreciate it. 
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Jay

When you went to time.is before, was your time wrong?

Mike

• N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, Mike...it was. That was the clue that lead me to uninstall Meinberg and reinstall it.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.