Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT5ZM - fun in the pileup.

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
FT5ZM - day 1 and a big pile up. The 6700 did a good job, I hope you are having fun and get them if needed. Also looking forward to the V1.1 update in time to expand CW Skimmer to 96KHZ (or 192 KHZ). As you can see from the picture, 3 KHZ won't do it (hi hi). Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Good luck getting past the crazies on this one, Al! 73 & catch you in the pile... PS - how does working with I/Q signals compare to audio, in your experience? Intrigued by the new capability & wonder what to expect... Geo
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi George, I got lucky and got them on 17 & 20 CW today. I was out this morning running a 5K (Hot Chocolate run in Atlanta) and didn't get get until lunch time. But I was able to spend a few hours on the radio this afternoon. Huge pileups with all of the usual tuners, jammers, etc. It was a challenge. The 6700 did a good job using 2 slices. On CW Skimmer, my only experience is with the 3 KHZ audio so we'll have to see what some of the PowerSDR guys say. I'm expecting it to be a huge improvement and really nice to see more bandwidth. If the bandwidth stayed limited to 3 KHZ then CW Skimmer wouldn't be any use to me for DXing. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My 6500 did a GREAT job getting them on 40, 20, 15 and 17 meters both CW and SSB.... The pileups were as deep as I have ever seen them.... My 6500 worked flawlessly....
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I think I was the 1st US SSB 20M contact in the log at 1447 this morning. A good 5-5, long path. Unfortunately, I was running 100-3100 flat TX bandwidth with only 100W. It was a "heavens to mergatroid" moment for sure when I heard their CQ 5-up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.