Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FSK added to modes

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Please indicate your interest in having FSK added to the mode list. FSK was an advertised mode and the keying inputs are available on the ACC connection. Thanks and 73 Greg AB7R
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    +1 for me! Even though I may migrate to using DAX when it is available.
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes, please add FSK. Thanks Paul W5PF
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    As long as we are adding modes, let's add FM and DV.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    FM is already on the roadmap...i think its on the last entry. FSK is not mentioned at all.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I will add my vote for FSK, though, I think Tim mentioned that FRS was heading towards the AFSK approach.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    +1 for me, existing issues with AFSK for me and i guess other who are running RTTY: 1. not enough clean signal, easily to recognised on waterfal who is with AFSK and who is with FSK 2. SW persistence: Signal Level, Freq corrections etc , always necessary tune up again and again 3. Following with spots mostly incorrect in AFSK, of course this is what can be modified in SW but issue still open may be FRS can offer other way around with DDC/DUC radio ?
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    BUMP....   Please vote this up to at least get on the Roadmap.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have been able to get very clean RTTY using digi programs and DAX, though it will be nice if the add definable "sweet spots" so that my filters and frequency display show up in the right place.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, pse. The RTTY dominates 10M, 12M 17M,,,,

Bruce  N5FD  CW Forever!

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I vote for FSK myself but hope all the problems with the current methods of RTTY are solved as well..  Frequency indicated on the slice needs to be the Mark frequency instead of the carrier frequency as this is standard practice.  Also filters widths need to be user defined such as in PowerSDR.  Jim k4jaf
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I personall  think that there would be little advantage to 'pure FSK' since the signal gerenated by SmartSDR/6000/DAX using AFSK is so near perfect. ( Unless you are using a hardware RTTY device that does not generate AFSK or your using a non-DAX hardware interface )

AL, K0VM

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I tend to agree fully but as an old Rtty guy, I do like FSK.  I prefer other problems with RTTY be fixed before tackling FSK....  But even with DAX you can overdrive the radio a bit as with any pure audio RTTY system.   Jim K4JAF
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    FSK, yes:  it is stable, and it is also compatible with my other radios.
    FM:  using this on our 6-meter repeater is something I would like to do with this rig.
    CW on lower side band:  I still can't get used to USB ... it tunes backwards as far as I am concerned.

VY 73,
    Bill, N5TU (mostly CW and RTTY)

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I vote for FSK, the popularity of rtty dxing and contesting has created a situation where the more narrow the signal, the better for all.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member
    edited May 2014
    Bill,
    Great point! I operated FSK, AMTOR,ETC. back in the Early Paleozoic, I might operate RTTY vis FSK again. Now days I operate CW only but there are so many RTTY stations on the bands I would consider venturing up above n.025Mhz. I sure see very wide bandwith digital signals on the panadapter. The only association I have with DAX is when I open SSDR and get an error message "cannot find drivers"
    I must click "OK" to get the radio working. Not good for me.
    Kinda long but the short answer to adding FSK to 6000 series is yes please,
    In the meantime "see you on the band bottoms".
    Love My 6500 and it's filters; work all stations with100Hz filters and 1Hz tuning.

Bruce  (Pachycepla)  N5FD
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    After giving FSK and FM some more thought, it seems likely that they will both appear at the same time.  I'm still eager for both.

VY 73,
    Bill, N5TU

• N9TX
    N9TX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    I am also very interested in seeing a true FSK solution for RTTY on the 6000 series.

Keith...
    N9TX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.