Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks again Mike.  I'm gradually getting the hang of this and discovering new ways to customise and populate the panel.  As you say it takes no time once the basic commands are understood.  Still some trial and error but it's fun.

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    On my Stream Deck it only sez "FRStack3"  it does not say "FRStack3 Rest".  I clicked both files, one visibly opened, the other I assumed opened silently.  Running the latest version issued a few few days ago.  Something change or did I make a mistake?  Thanks, Mike, WB8CXO
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    One more question David or Mark. Going to pick one up this morning locally as they are in stock. Will the Stream Deck work with my Windows 7 desktop? Everything I read says Win 10 and later. Anyone?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2019
    I haven't used Windows 7 in MANY, MANY years. It's a dinosaur. My Windows 10 desktop and laptop are working fine, except for a quick DAX device renaming after upgrade. Hopefully Flex will have a newer DAX driver out at some point.

A quick Google search turned this up https://www.reddit.com/r/ElgatoGaming/comments/6bo5o8/the_stream_deck_does_not_work_with_windows_7_or/ 

So unfortunately it looks like if you want to play with new toys you will need to bite the bullet. and upgrade.

Dave wo2x

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Keep in mind that Microsoft has quietly not stopped their free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and if you are a big fan of the "look and feel" of Windows 7 there are a few very nice programs that offer you a very "Windows 7-like" user interface (I use Start10, myself).

I realize that there are Hams out there, still proudly using Windows XP and computers with actual DB9 RS-232 ports on them, but up to date stuff can be  very useful, especially when trying to use 'newer' toys with them!

Good luck!

Roy AC2GS
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Dave and Roy. I should know to Google anything first. I have a Win 10 laptop but haven't used it with SSDR and DAX only web page maintenance and general browsing. I just don't have the time required to fix the **** storms associated with Win 10 and DAX. Guess it's time to confer with my Flex mentor deluxe W9IE and see how he deals with it. Been avoiding it a long time now. Roy yes am aware of the Free so-called upgrade. Maybe Time to bight the bullet like you mentioned. Thanks for the input guys. Buying the Stream Deck anyway, so destiny awaits .
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited August 2019
    Hi Clay,

The procedure to rename DAX devices is well documented on the Community and only necessary when Windows does a major upgrade (once or twice a year) so it is not often.

Again, best news would be new DAX drivers or Windows fixes that prevent the scrambling. DAX is not alone. Those with older Flex radios and other SDR radios that use VAC also suffer from the update scrambling. Icom has also had issues with it with their USB drivers for radio audio.

Windows 10 1903 has been very stable here and not too different from Windows 7.

Good luck & have fun!

Dave wo2x

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Encouraging Dave. Think it's time to give it a go. I hear the DAX issue is being dealt with too. I think FRS is determined to master the issue.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Good luck!

I bought a medium sized Stream Deck ages ago, and recently upgraded to an XL.

It's loads of fun to use and gaining more capability every week thanks to hard working programmers, doing all this amazing stuff gratis.

(I put my Genovation in a drawer, where it will probably 'live'.)

Roy AC2GS
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Almost ordered the XL but the 15 key medium was in stock so I have it in hand.
    Taking a few days off to rearrange my station and work in a new 2K-FA and now Win 10 update along with the Stream Deck. Hope I'm not taking on too much. Ha.
  • St. John Ellam
    edited October 2019
    I at last had time to setup the Stream Deck and have added a few parameters to the default. My only question is on SPLIT. I set up two SPLIT toggles. One for up 1 and the other for up 5. The split works fine and adds B in the same splice but only in RX. Ie: I want RX and TX on B. Is there a way to do that?

Tim VE6SH
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Anybody knows if Streamdeck runs on Windows 7? By looking at their website it looks as if it only works on Windows 10. I have started to use FRStack and it’s a great tool.

Santiago
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2019
    I believe some have tried on Win 7 without success.

Dave wo2x
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks. That’s a bummer.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    And Stream Deck uses the Mac OS too. Does someone here have an example of using a Mac-based SD to communicate to a PC (local? or remote?) running FRStack that in turn commands their Flex?
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Just reposting this. Anyone have any ideas?

I at last had time to setup the Stream Deck and have added a few parameters to the default. My only question is on SPLIT. I set up two SPLIT toggles. One for up 1 and the other for up 5. The split works fine and adds B in the same splice but only in RX. Ie: I want RX and TX on B. Is there a way to do that?

Tim VE6SH
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    When I use the split feature I get second slice that is muted and has transmit. If you do not see this then reach out to me via the Help Contact Support link. 73
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Will do. Thanks Mark.

Tim
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    To use REST from another PC / MAC you will need to update the IP filter in FRStack. Edit the FRStack.exe.config file. Change the WhiteListedIPAddresses value to include the IP of your MAC. or remove all IPs to allow any client to connect. Restart FRStack3. Now in the Stream Deck settings use the IP address of the PC running FRStack3 in place of 127.0.0.1 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the pointer on this Mark! It’s so much fun to use Stream Deck through your app!
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member
    edited October 2019
    This looks great, I am always mixing up my profiles, as I do much more listening, ssb or ft8 and other digital modes, several mic's on pc in the shack, remote at work or Maestro. 
    I am going to try the iPhone version, as I have a spare one doing nothing rather than a Streamdeck. will let you guys know how it performs.
    Steve 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @Mark W3II, Is there a simple step by step instruction page to help me get my Stream Desk working with FRStack on my Win10 machine? I have FRStsck running and Stream desk as well. Both are new to me so just getting acquainted with the basics. I run the Flex 6600, Maestro and an SPE 2K. Thanks in advance. Clay N9IO
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    In FRStack Help menu is ReST API information. 

The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. 

"com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" is an extension to Stream Deck that adds the ability to make ReST API calls. Double click this file to install it to Stream Deck software.

The second file is a sample Stream Deck profile that you can import that demonstrates control of the Radio via FRStack ReST interface. 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    There was a suggestion a while back that folks here export/share their developed Stream Deck profiles. Is there a repository available somewhere for those?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    We can use the GitHub site 
    https://github.com/mkcmsoftware/FRStack_Stream_Deck
    If your a GitHub user create a pull request otherwise email to me and I will add it.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Little Flex personalization :)

• G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    That's really impressive Rich. Unashamedly I would like to copy some of the features of your layout, some of which I never even thought of adding to my more basic one.  I am struggling with a few of the less obvious control strings and I suspect adapting them from your menu would save me a lot of frustration, although admittedly the learning curve is less steep now than it was in the beginning.

It would be great if you would agree to share the file for others (including me!), and presumably GitHub is the place we should do this?

Thanks in advance

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would be happy to share. There is really not any custom control strings.

Its just things regrouped in an effort to have buttons available for certain tasks. Not to mention custom graphics and a decal for top to cover up streamdeck.  I have only had it a few days so still learning my way.
  • VE2MBT
    VE2MBT Member
    edited April 2020
    For 2 days i'am trying to have FRStack to work with my SPE and I can't. The FTDI connected to the PC or the FLEX work fine, the amp follow the flex like it should. The SPE software ( USB or RS232) work also fine. But trying to have FRStack to SPE is impossible, always have the same message " could not read SPE amp status " Any help would be very appreciated 
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The SPE feature in FRStack communicates via the USB cable port. Currently it supports SPE 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0 amps. I am working on 1.X support.
    Reach out to me directly the Help menu, Contact Support. We can diagnose the issue together.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.