Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The entry is in MHz so you enter 7.255 not 7255000
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    So, does it mean I can't enter 14020825 ?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    you would enter it as 14.020825
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark.  I am playing around with Touch Portal which is very similar to Stream Deck. They will have a SDK available soon.  In the mean time would it be posible for me to issue calls to your REST api via a script using curl ?  Not looking to display any radio data back into Touch Portal buttons.  Just want to select profiles which are not available via hotkeys in FRStack.  Thanks -Joe
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Could someone point me to the numeric keypad deployed on the Stream Deck...I can't seem to find it in the menu...thanks in advance

Regards,
    Ronald
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark here is a suggestion. Can you make your home deck empty with a button to your FRstack Profile or at the very least place a button where we can make our own, like get a profile, or a folder of our choice. Here is the reason. Each time you update FRstack we have to reinstall the profiles because of the new features and fixes you do. This makes profiles I make up kinda useless. With the home profile available for new button, I could simply copy my buttons over. Does that make any sense to you?

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    When I add the same profile back to my Stream Deck it creates a new profile entry. Then I can copy the buttons or folders from this new profile to the existing profiles I use. I do not understand how this is different from what you are asking me to do. 
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If you are using the latest sample profile from FRStack3 then open the Frequency folder it is under the keypad looking folder.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes the Rest API Help in FRStack references how to use CURL
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mark...I was not using the current profile... Ronald
  • Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mark,
    I bought a stream deck(15 button). Downloaded software. from stream deck.
    Went to properties and clicked on the two files. Don't see them In my stream setup.(software)
    At 81 years old, I'm having trouble setting stream up. Can see sdr and frstack3 in profile set, but don't see anything like that on right side of keyboard.
    But can't find it after I click on it.
    Can anyone walk me through the setup.

TU...Don...w2xb
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Don. See the post by Mike Walker in this thread.  He posted instructions on how to get everything working.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I didn't explain well Mark sorry. I guess first my question, the 2 files to be executed are just your profiles or is there updated code to perform more features ? In other words is there any need to execute them for each FRstack update?

As per the home folder, I guess going forward I can just use yours as a basis to copy buttons to my customer 6700 profile.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Don, I volunteer to log to your computer and help you with the set-up, if you need.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The plugin performs the REST calls from Stream Deck and I will call that out in the what has changed for the release. There are many releases lately due to adding requested feature this should slow down shortly. The profile is usually updated with the newly exposed features. So only if you want to use the new feature do you need to update.  
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It works, I can enter the frequency as described by Mark. Thanks!

• Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    need a Little help, making progress but when I click on the two files in frstack for plugins or profile,they won't open. 

Don...w2xb
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    They’re not supposed to open. They just load and that s it. The profile will load when u open the stream deck software
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Steve, I was about to ask for this feature. Great minds think alike. Ha-Ha
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, I hope you realize you've open a can of worms with this gadget. Great software. Again thanks
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Mark, I'm helping Don in setting up StreamDeck.
    For some reasons the RESTtAPI server doesn't run (I just checked with a browser) and the restAPI applet doesn't load in the StreamDesk software, so no communication. I checked the firewall, the network configuration, everything looks good. I also run as administrator. I suspect something is going wrong with the Antivirus. Any suggestion?
  • Michael Wheatley
    Michael Wheatley Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You must double click on the files.  THe first will open and go through an install sequence.  The second doesn't open but installs silently.

Michael -- KM6LHD
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Make sure the files are not "BLOCKED" by Windows. In Windows Explorer right click the select Properties. On the bottom of the General tab, is there a Security warning about the file coming from another computer? If so select Unblock and then click OK.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

The restApi server is not running, read my post
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Do you mean the 2 StreamDesk files? The FRStack restapi server should respond anyway, right?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Get my email address from QRZ or Contact Support link in FRStack. send me your phone number and I will call.
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark thanks for the great program and the ability to work with Stream Deck.  I have one cosmetic issue I cannot resolve...in the main menu select Slice...on the right side second button I see Slice with a line thru it and I can't find a way to remove it ...can you or someone give me some guidance on how to clean this up...thanks
    Regards,
    Ronald
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This is the image file set for the button. You can change this by selecting the button then using the context menu on the button's upper right corner. You can find the images I used to create the profile at https://github.com/mkcmsoftware/FRStack_Stream_Deck/tree/master/SD_ICONS

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Problem solved, the custom plugin was not recognized by StreamDeck but by Internet Explorer even if I tried to force it.
    Always verify the selection 'OPEN WITH: Stream Deck' 

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.