Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

Mark_W3II
Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Third-Party Software
Radio versions starting with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.19 share the same API interface syntax.
This release has been tested with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.27.

- adds hotkeys for RX Filter, MIC, Power levels settings

Note: If you are using SSDR V2.5.1 or later you must use FRStack V3 or later.

Full release history can be found at http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

A new ReST API interface in FRStack to allow control of FRStack / Radio features. Why? To allow for easy cross-platform control from devices like Stream Deck.

Stream Deck is a tool that sits on your desktop to allow fast access to radio functions. Their website is https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck and it can be purchased from Amazon.

In FRStack Help menu is ReST API information. The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. "com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" is an extension to Stream Deck that adds the ability to make ReST API calls. The second file is a sample Stream Deck profile that you can import that demonstrates control of the Radio via FRStack ReST interface.

The screenshots below show the sample with live radio data.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Mark 
W3II

Comments

• KM2C
    KM2C Member
    edited August 2019
    What version of Stream Deck hardware is this compatible with? There is the XL, normal, and mini.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It will work with any deck model. I am running version 4.3 of the software. If you have a deck already and it functions with their software version 4.3 then you should have no issues.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Oh  No . . . Something else to buy now.   A Stream Deck for the flex . . . Ordered and on the way 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Mark

That is so cool.  Thanks to Amazon Prime, my Stream Cast deck will be here later today.  You have to love same day delivery.

Mike

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    You buy the 15 or the 32 button model

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    I was thinking the Mini actually, but I went to the 15 button one.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    I got BIG DADDY with 32 buttons so I can do band changing on it.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    What do I need to do integrate FR Stack into the Stream Deck setup software.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. "com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" should be opened one time to install.
    "FRStack3 Rest.streamDeckProfile" is also opened to install one time.
    The sample is for the 15 button model however it should load in to the larger model.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Is there a list of commands to program a particular button??
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    In FRStack Help menu there is a link to get help on the ReST API commands
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I had a standard Stream Deck and recently upgraded to a Stream Deck XL, and I use it more than most of my gadgets. I’ve already set it using macro keys to control FRStack - now I can do this directly! Vy 73, Roy AC2GS
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Great Thanks . . . And I thought I was gonna have a day of R&R here at the Campground
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Does this work while operating remote using Smartlink?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, FRStack supports SmartLink. You would run FRStack remotely with your Stream Deck integrated to FRStack.
    There is a second more complicated way to do this. FRStack ReST API is IP filtered to 127.0.0.1 and ::1 by default. You could specify the remote client IP or allow all IP clients to call the API in the FRStack.exe.config file. Then you would configure your Stream Deck profile to use the new Host, Port address that FRStack is seen at outside of your NAT. You would have to open a port on the NAT to allow traffic through.
    I would use the first approach.

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark, thanks. It is impressive how  you continue to expand the utility of FRStacks with useful station workflow and intergration.  Congrats and thank you.

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    FRStack and Stream Deck in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnUO1F_AGE
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This was the initial integration that Jose Lopez EA5SW built using the hotkeys feature of FRStack in June. His efforts inspired me to buy a Stream Deck and create an integration that could display radio data on the deck. "Ideas are made of other ideas."
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very cool !  They also have an iOS version of Stream Deck.  Would this work the same as a physical Stream Deck ?  I may give this a try with my iPAD Pro.

https://apps.apple.com/app/elgato-stream-deck-mobile/id1440014184?ls=1
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This software works like a device. The iPhone / iPad has to connect to the software running on Windows (or a Mac) then creates a new device. I have tested this with my FRStack integration and it works fine on the local network. The iOS device uses a local IP for the connection. Assuming you leave the Stream Deck software and FRStack running on a PC you could VPN in to your home network on the iPhone and use it remotely.

With this software you could take your Maestro and iPhone anywhere in the WiFi network (house) and have enhanced operation.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the info Mark.  I think I will give it a try and see how it works.  This will allow me to try it out before plopping down $$ for Stream Deck hardware.  I will probably only use this local in the shack.

Is there a macro template file or way to **** get this up and running quickly ?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, the install folder of FRStack contains the ReST Stream Deck plugin and sample profile.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Is it similar to the Genovation keypad that runs with DDutil.  It does look better.  Is it easy to program?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It is easy. FRStack provides the cross platform ReST (web) API and my add-in to Stream Deck makes that easy to call and display values. The biggest bonus with this implementation is the values that get feedback to the keypad.

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Mark, Thanks for fast reply.  So with 15 keys, how many layers can you have, how many actually keys in total
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mark is there a place where all of us can share screen icon and layouts we have developed so that everyone does not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak?
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I imported FRStack3Rest into Stream Deck.  I see some icons on my iPad with Flex things but nothing works.  When I look at profile properties there is a warning about no application at path C:/.....SmartSDR Alphav3.14...blah blah. 

So how do I make this work for me ?  Running SSDR 2.51 Do I have to build a profile for myself ?  

Just need a few pointers :)

Thanks
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    GitHub ???
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for your efforts with FRStack - an excellent program for the Flex SDR.

The Stream Deck addition looks very interesting.  For SWL it appears one could read a shortwave time schedule database (several on the web), show the station ID's of those currently broadcasting (in one's native language) and display this on the buttons. An hourly update would keep the buttons updated based on the schedule.

_..--
    k3Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.