FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

• Praise
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
Radio versions starting with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.19 share the same API interface syntax.
This release has been tested with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.27.

- adds hotkeys for RX Filter, MIC, Power levels settings

Note: If you are using SSDR V2.5.1 or later you must use FRStack V3 or later.

Full release history can be found at http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

A new ReST API interface in FRStack to allow control of FRStack / Radio features. Why? To allow for easy cross-platform control from devices like Stream Deck.

Stream Deck is a tool that sits on your desktop to allow fast access to radio functions. Their website is https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck and it can be purchased from Amazon.

In FRStack Help menu is ReST API information. The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. "com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" is an extension to Stream Deck that adds the ability to make ReST API calls. The second file is a sample Stream Deck profile that you can import that demonstrates control of the Radio via FRStack ReST interface.

The screenshots below show the sample with live radio data.

Mark 
W3II
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 237 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 61 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I'm trying to get some assistance with Setting a 40 Meter Global Profile on the Profile tab.  It is a...

Custom:  Rest Call
URL:  http://localhost:13522/api/Radio/globalprofile
ClickParam:  param=40M

I do have a 40M profile but when I push the button I get no response.  Would someone please point me in the right direction...thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Ronald/W4RJF
Photo of Jim Brown, K5JAZ

Jim Brown, K5JAZ

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ron, your command looks correct. Be sure that the string after the param= is exactly the name of your profile. That is the only thing I can see that may be wrong. Also, be sure the profile loads correctly from SSDR. Given no typos in your commands, it should just work.
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 61 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hey Jim...thanks so much for the assistance...I made sure it was named correctly...that was my issue...working great...thanks again...

Regards,
Ronald
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 552 Posts
  • 289 Reply Likes
Ron I ran into some issues with profiles too, so what I found that I had names of profiles that did not work when called from Stream Deck. Using your 40M profile as example, what I did using the Profile Manager in SmartSDR I made a copy of 40M by loading 40M up and giving it a name like 40m 2. Then I would delete 40M and then load 40m 2 and save it as 40m, then delete 40m 2. Then Stream Deck was able to call 40m profile. It must have something to do with the fact the my profiles were made many SmartSDR versions ago, I know there is some case characters Profile Manager doesn't like. Renaming all my profiles I am able to access all my Global, Mic and TX profiles from Stream Deck see below:

Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 494 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
I found that profile names could not have any spaces in the names.  I renamed my profiles and they are working fine from both Stream Deck and Touch Portal.
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 61 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks Mike...

Ronald
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

I’ve just taken delivery of my Stream Deck and spent the evening playing around with it, making several errors in the process.  It’s a learning curve and I suspect I’ll have further questions as issues arise. Great toy and once I've finally cracked it I'm sure it will become even more useful.

Just a question for now:  I want to select just the MIC and BAL inputs (not LINE or ACC, which I don’t use).  How do I explicitly select these?

Jeff – G4IUA

Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 49 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,
That function doesn't seem to be implemented. I'm sure Mark will look at it.
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 545 Posts
  • 287 Reply Likes
I change those using MIC Profiles:
GET URL: http://localhost:13522/api/Radio/MICPROFILE
ClickParam: param=PR-40 Rag

where my MIC Profile PR-40 Rag is using the balance input
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks Mike.  This is beyond my present very limited understanding!  Would you please tell me how you set up your MIC profile.  Even if this selects the balanced input (BAL) how do you set it up so it selects the MIC (unbalanced) input?
I'm sure it's very obvious once you know but I'm still in the very early learning stage!
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 545 Posts
  • 287 Reply Likes
Ok, I'll give it go. First setup your microphone setting that you want saved such as BAL or MIC, the level, processing etc. Then in SmartSDR at the top left select Profiles, then Create Profile. The Profile Manager window opens up that shows Global, Transmit and Microphone tabs. A box underneath says "New Profile Name". Simply type in the name you want for your profile, keep it short and simple text. Then hit Create button. That's it. Your new Microphone profile is created, and that is what you enter into the param setting in the Stream Deck GUI as noted above.
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Employee

• 1097 Posts
  • 325 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff

Now might be a good time to grab the V3 Software users guide an look in the manual.  Check out section 16.1 - Mic Profiles and let me know if the helps you some to figure out Mic profiles.  

Mike gave you the highlights to get started though.  :)

Mike
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Works brilliantly - thanks for the pointers, which I needed just to get started.  I returned the 15 button version and replaced it with the 32 button one.  Next is to customise the programming, based of course on Mark's original config.

Jeff
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
A follow on question: if I want to select something in the sequence DIGU, then BAND and to have a preset FT8 frequency for the band selected (eg 14.074MHz).  How do I achieve that?
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 545 Posts
  • 287 Reply Likes
You will need to create Global Profile by just setting up what you want DIGU, 20m and the Frequency be sure DAX is on, the create the profile, I called it "FT8 20m". Took me under 30 seconds to setup. I have a bunch of Global, Mic and TX profiles setup (see previous post), so in Stream Deck all I did was copy a previous global profile and pasted into an empty box in my Global Profile folder, then changed the param to "FT8 20m".
DONE

(Edited)
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks again Mike.  I'm gradually getting the hang of this and discovering new ways to customise and populate the panel.  As you say it takes no time once the basic commands are understood.  Still some trial and error but it's fun.

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks again Mike.  I'm gradually getting the hang of this and discovering new ways to customise and populate the panel.  As you say it takes no time once the basic commands are understood.  Still some trial and error but it's fun.

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of St. John Ellam

St. John Ellam

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I at last had time to setup the Stream Deck and have added a few parameters to the default. My only question is on SPLIT. I set up two SPLIT toggles. One for up 1 and the other for up 5. The split works fine and adds B in the same splice but only in RX. Ie: I want RX and TX on B. Is there a way to do that?

Tim VE6SH
Photo of Santiago Mejia - HI8SMX

Santiago Mejia - HI8SMX

• 93 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Anybody knows if Streamdeck runs on Windows 7? By looking at their website it looks as if it only works on Windows 10. I have started to use FRStack and it’s a great tool.

Santiago
(Edited)
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1486 Posts
  • 318 Reply Likes
I believe some have tried on Win 7 without success.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Santiago Mejia - HI8SMX

Santiago Mejia - HI8SMX

• 93 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Thanks. That’s a bummer.
Photo of John - WA7UAR

John - WA7UAR

• 179 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
And Stream Deck uses the Mac OS too. Does someone here have an example of using a Mac-based SD to communicate to a PC (local? or remote?) running FRStack that in turn commands their Flex?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 235 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
To use REST from another PC / MAC you will need to update the IP filter in FRStack. Edit the FRStack.exe.config file. Change the WhiteListedIPAddresses value to include the IP of your MAC. or remove all IPs to allow any client to connect. Restart FRStack3. Now in the Stream Deck settings use the IP address of the PC running FRStack3 in place of 127.0.0.1 
Photo of John - WA7UAR

John - WA7UAR

• 179 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Thanks for the pointer on this Mark! It’s so much fun to use Stream Deck through your app!
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 297 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Just reposting this. Anyone have any ideas?

I at last had time to setup the Stream Deck and have added a few parameters to the default. My only question is on SPLIT. I set up two SPLIT toggles. One for up 1 and the other for up 5. The split works fine and adds B in the same splice but only in RX. Ie: I want RX and TX on B. Is there a way to do that?

Tim VE6SH
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 236 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
When I use the split feature I get second slice that is muted and has transmit. If you do not see this then reach out to me via the Help Contact Support link. 73
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 297 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Will do. Thanks Mark.

Tim
Photo of Steve Potter

Steve Potter

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This looks great, I am always mixing up my profiles, as I do much more listening, ssb or ft8 and other digital modes, several mic's on pc in the shack, remote at work or Maestro. 
I am going to try the iPhone version, as I have a spare one doing nothing rather than a Streamdeck. will let you guys know how it performs.
Steve 
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 648 Posts
  • 175 Reply Likes
@Mark W3II,
Is there a simple step by step instruction page to help me get my Stream Desk working with FRStack on my Win10 machine?
I have FRStsck running and Stream desk as well.
Both are new to me so just getting acquainted with the basics.
I run the Flex 6600, Maestro and an SPE 2K.
Thanks in advance.
Clay N9IO
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 237 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
In FRStack Help menu is ReST API information. 

The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. 

"com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" is an extension to Stream Deck that adds the ability to make ReST API calls. Double click this file to install it to Stream Deck software.

The second file is a sample Stream Deck profile that you can import that demonstrates control of the Radio via FRStack ReST interface. 
Photo of John - WA7UAR

John - WA7UAR

• 179 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
There was a suggestion a while back that folks here export/share their developed Stream Deck profiles. Is there a repository available somewhere for those?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 237 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
We can use the GitHub site 
https://github.com/mkcmsoftware/FRStack_Stream_Deck
If your a GitHub user create a pull request otherwise email to me and I will add it.

Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1143 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Little Flex personalization :)

(Edited)
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
That's really impressive Rich. Unashamedly I would like to copy some of the features of your layout, some of which I never even thought of adding to my more basic one.  I am struggling with a few of the less obvious control strings and I suspect adapting them from your menu would save me a lot of frustration, although admittedly the learning curve is less steep now than it was in the beginning.

It would be great if you would agree to share the file for others (including me!), and presumably GitHub is the place we should do this?

Thanks in advance

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1143 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
I would be happy to share. There is really not any custom control strings.

Its just things regrouped in an effort to have buttons available for certain tasks. Not to mention custom graphics and a decal for top to cover up streamdeck.  I have only had it a few days so still learning my way.
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Rich:  when you have a chance I'd appreciate a copy of your file, either on GitHub or directly (qrz.com).  I was impressed not only by the functionality but the graphics too.  You might only have had it a few days but you're already way ahead of me.  Thanks!

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of Marc-Andre

Marc-Andre

• 37 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
For 2 days i'am trying to have FRStack to work with my SPE and I can't. The FTDI connected to the PC or the FLEX work fine, the amp follow the flex like it should. The SPE software ( USB or RS232) work also fine. But trying to have FRStack to SPE is impossible, always have the same message " could not read SPE amp status " Any help would be very appreciated 
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 234 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
The SPE feature in FRStack communicates via the USB cable port. Currently it supports SPE 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0 amps. I am working on 1.X support.
Reach out to me directly the Help menu, Contact Support. We can diagnose the issue together.
Photo of HB9EDM - Marco

HB9EDM - Marco

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I am working on 1.X support.

yesss!

Thks Mark! Expert 1K-FA is waiting your software and me too  :-)

best 73
HB9EDM