FRStack Version 3.1.3.7 Released - Stream Deck support

• Praise
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
Radio versions starting with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.19 share the same API interface syntax.
This release has been tested with SSDR 2.5.1 and 3.0.27.

- adds hotkeys for RX Filter, MIC, Power levels settings

Note: If you are using SSDR V2.5.1 or later you must use FRStack V3 or later.

Full release history can be found at http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

A new ReST API interface in FRStack to allow control of FRStack / Radio features. Why? To allow for easy cross-platform control from devices like Stream Deck.

Stream Deck is a tool that sits on your desktop to allow fast access to radio functions. Their website is https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck and it can be purchased from Amazon.

In FRStack Help menu is ReST API information. The FRStack installation folder contains two files for Stream Deck integration. "com.mkcmsoftware.restcall.streamDeckPlugin" is an extension to Stream Deck that adds the ability to make ReST API calls. The second file is a sample Stream Deck profile that you can import that demonstrates control of the Radio via FRStack ReST interface.

The screenshots below show the sample with live radio data.

Mark 
W3II
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 924 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Thanks for the tips on using this device, Michael's post made it straightforward.  On the Bands --> XVTR- menu I added some SWL radio buttons using the stations icons:

_..--
k3Tim / 7

Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 924 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
How does one save the updates?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
They automatically save to the profile you modify , you can export the profile to disk so you have a backup you can return to. Use the gear icon or right click on the profile to save it.
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 924 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Thanks Mark, appreciate the help....

Tim
Photo of Alan Holdsworth g8oo

Alan Holdsworth g8oo

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
My Stream Deck should arrive today - therefore it would help if  someone would please email or put  on the www there SDR/Stream deck profiles and save this pure mortal a lot of time TNX de AlanH g8oo
Photo of Wayne VK4ACN

Wayne VK4ACN

• 152 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Alan
It is extremely easy to program this device.  You can even drag and drop buttons to other buttons.  Piece of cake

Alan Holdsworth g8oo

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Tnx Wayne

The device has not arrived yet so will spend some time playing with it tonight or tomorrow.

Bye for now AlanH.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I have updated FRStack to version 3.1.4.8. This version addresses the bug with certain functions not working until Spot menu or Hotkeys were turned on. Rest Help menu not opening a 2nd time. Adds SPE Amp support. Update Stream Deck Plugin to support multiple line Prefix and Suffix text. Updates Stream Deck Profile sample. Have Fun.
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 416 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Mark.  I can see the Hotkey editor.  I created a hotkey but it doesnt seem to work ? When I click on view hotkeys nothing happens ?
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 451 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Any plans for a simple SPE 'On' /'OFF' toggle (not operate/standby toggle)?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Joe, the view, hotkeys menu check enables and disables hotkeys. Use the hotkey sequence you configured in the editor to activate the configured function.

Roy, there is a command to shutoff the SPE but I could not find a command to turn it on. I use the remote on/off signal on the control port of the SPE to remote control the 1.3K on and off. 
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 416 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
No luck getting hotkeys to work ?  Do I need to have something else installed to use hotkeys with FRStack ?

Alan Holdsworth g8oo

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Hi Guys

Further to yesterday comments – The Stream Deck arrived late last night and this morning  I installed the stacks setup I then went to the FRstacks folder and installing the 1 off option of com.mkcmsoftware.restcall and then installed FRStack3 Rest and I was up and running with the stream deck talking with my Flex 6600 the whole setup took less than 5 minutes what a great system.

Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 373 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
Mark W3II thanks for the nice changes.  One issue I noticed is that when I invoke a CWX memory from the Stream Deck there is no cw sidetone but if I invoke it from the CWX panel in SmartSDR there is sidetone.  Is there a different command for each?
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Wheatley

Michael Wheatley

• 10 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Mark,

Thank you *very much* for your support of the Stream Deck.  It's a great addition to my desktop.

I have one question:  how do you get date from the radio to be displayed on the Stream Deck button, eg: Next Slice A(0) or B(1)?

Michael -- KM6LHD
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 212 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
The feature has two components
1. FRStack which is the command sink and data source via the new Rest API.
2. Rest Stream Deck plugin I wrote that provides config UI and communications in SD. The Elgato web site provides guidance on how to develop add-ins for SD.
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
The 15-button Stream Deck arrived late this morning less than 24 hours from ordering. I must say, it is a perfect companion for the any Flexradio 6xxx. Easily modified the FRStack3 profile for my 6700 moved around bands, www, gen, xvtr, ant inputs, changing colors of display etc.

Mark may I suggest you update a few things with colors, such as MOX, when OFF white is OK, but when ON it should be red. You can of course modify on/off color but they are the same color. Having a different color or graphic for on would be welcome. A bit more complicated due to polling after the command sent and maybe more a function to be handled by Stream Deck, or maybe you can come up with something. Until we all get a Power Genius were stuck with what we have, how about an interface for a Quadra. Be nice to be able to control a few things from the deck. 

This next part is also for Mike VA3MW. Now if I could get a set of parameters for the Antenna Genius then I'll do up a profile sub/menu. I've already sent off an email to Dragisa. This would be great. Any thoughts to add Antenna Genius
This deck can be used to effectively switch one of the 4 or 8 antenna wifi switches such as Snaptekk, http://www.snaptekk.com/wifi-4-antenna-switch

This is like a new feature loaded software update, like Christmas in the middle of summer. All this development, this amazing new tool for the Flexradio is only possible because of the absolute determination of the Flexradio team to provide the means for developers to come up with things like this. Kudos to Mark W3II for your continuing positive contribution to us Flexers. I just love this deck.

Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P

• 4239 Posts
  • 1351 Reply Likes
This is exactly the kind of stuff that William and I were trying to accomplish a few years ago when we were working with the various DJ controllers.

He did most of his work with the “Processing” language using a CMD-Micro. I took his framework and modified it using my Hercules DJ 2SE and the Behringer CMD PL1.

If I remember correctly we ran into some snags with the communication stream getting bogged down and having increasing lag, and memory leakage. I think it had to do with using the same UDP port as the main software. He was starting to make progress when We both got sidetracked with other projects and I never got back to it.

I always told myself that when I retired I would learn C# and rewrite the program from the ground up, making it totally user programmable. I still have this dream.

But Streamdeck and FRStack may make this unnecessary.
Matched with a FlexControl Knob, it may be all I need.

Which raises a question.
Mark, is there the ability to set up a page on the StreamDeck to quickly set functions for the main Knob on the FlexControl Knob? That could add some additional value for some users.

Ken - NM9P
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 373 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
To bad the Snaptek guy went MIA a few months ago.  Wasted lots of emails to try to get support on one of his switches but no answer.
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 791 Posts
  • 144 Reply Likes
Mike, how did you modify the FRStack3 profile? I tried but it acted like it was locked.
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Well, I didn't see any locks on mine, but I copied it and renamed my profile. It
's a work in progress but I'm making it more common sense for the 6700, for example new folders such as ANT (see below) where everything to do with antennas pretty much will be accessible from that folder. setting RX, TX, RF Gain, DIV, TUNE, switching slices and so on. The green displays the active antenna. I've restructured bands, I've move the MOX from the top left of the primary screen as you can accidentally engage MOX when you hit the back button when your in sub-menus.

Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Got the XL. Wow!
Photo of KM2C

KM2C

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Loving this so far. Mark has been very helpful!!

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust how things increment. For example some items up/down a step of 10, others a step of 5. Is there a way we could adjust this or call something like down1, down5, down10 as options or down# and let any whole integer between 0-100 be a valid value
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 365 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
In FRStacks look under Help menu for View REST Help and that will give you a list of commands and format for each.  You can then use those to change the button functions in Stream Deck control application.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 204 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
I will add the ability to set param =  +/- 1,2,5,10,20,50 as values which will move up / down that amount. For example you could use +2 instead of UP or -2 instead of DOWN. setting param = 50 will still set value to 50.
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1402 Posts
  • 306 Reply Likes
Excellent!
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 287 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Excellent! An upgrade on my Genovation 24 switch hub!

Tim VE6SH
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Mark, An interesting ReSTAPI to implement could be:
'select the current slice frequency field and clean it'.
This way a numeric keypad deployed on the StreamDeck can be used to directly enter the frequency.

Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I will add this feature in the next release. Great suggestion.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Mark, thank you for adding this feature. I can type the digits and clear the accumulated values, but ENTER the frequency doesn't work here.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
The entry is in MHz so you enter 7.255 not 7255000
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
So, does it mean I can't enter 14020825 ?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
you would enter it as 14.020825
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 60 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Could someone point me to the numeric keypad deployed on the Stream Deck...I can't seem to find it in the menu...thanks in advance

Regards,
Ronald
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
If you are using the latest sample profile from FRStack3 then open the Frequency folder it is under the keypad looking folder.
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 60 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks Mark...I was not using the current profile...

Ronald
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
It works, I can enter the frequency as described by Mark. Thanks!
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 794 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
Another cool feature would to be to have a folder with all your profiles and could just push a button to load a different profile. Can that be added??
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
It was on the list and will be there in the next release. Thanks for the suggestion.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 794 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
GREAT
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 789 Posts
  • 144 Reply Likes
Steve, I was about to ask for this feature. Great minds think alike. Ha-Ha
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 451 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
How about a keyboard command to switch a given slice to a specific frequency, mode, etc. or to use the data stored for that frequency’s memory settings?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
This is possible today. The ActiveSlice command is Memory and MemoryMode.
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 451 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Great! (I gotta read the manual more closely).

Is there a way to set the frequency of a non-active slice, or is the only way to set it as active, change it and then go back to the active slice from before?

Thanks for perpetually adding more and more features! This is a great piece of software!
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Today there are only two targets, ActiveSlice and Radio. I will look at adding Slice targets later.

Michael Wheatley

• 10 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Mark,

Would it be possible to add a rest command to toggle the TX slice?

Michael -- KM6LHD
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 212 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
As Steve points out there is a follow the active slice feature. The command already exists and can be found in the Sample Profile TX folder. It is ActiveSlice with command of TX. Consult the Rest Help file for additional details. For those multiple client folks you have to remember there is an Active TX slice for each client. The rest commands work with 1 client at a time. There is a Next Client button to switch between which GUI client you want to control.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 787 Posts
  • 264 Reply Likes
I noticed the next command did not work quite right for me. I am running 2 slices on computer and 2 on Maestro and it seems that when I used the next command the control from Maestro to computer and back did not change active slice properly
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 212 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
The Next Client function was fixed in the latest build released yesterday. Each client has an active slice. The Next Slice switches between slices on a single client. FRStack gives you visibility to all slices on all clients but you only interact with one client at a time.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 794 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
Mine does it now by using the "radioslice" and the down command. It toggles the active slice and tx at the same time. you also have to check "active radio slice enable tx" in FR Stack
(Edited)
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 451 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
This is a great program, and it grows more and more powerful almost every day!

Please consider implementing swapping slices via Stream Deck commands.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I will be adding ActiveSlice SWAP feature with NEXT which will swap active slice with next one OR set a slice number to swap with; So 0 that would swap active slice with slice 0, if you are on slice 0 then nothing happens. This will be in the next build. 
Photo of Jim Brown, K5JAZ

Jim Brown, K5JAZ

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please consider ability to change TX bandwidth. Important when switching to 60m from any other band on FT8.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 209 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
The ability to move the TX Bandwidth Low and High or set a value range in the next build.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Mark, is it possible to show the frequency in Hz (now the resolution is 10 HZ) or, even better, based on the selected step?

I think you will blame yourself because of the monster you created...!!!
(Clarification... it means you did a super job and everyone is going to love it and ask for more)

(Edited)
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 416 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Mark.  I am playing around with Touch Portal which is very similar to Stream Deck. They will have a SDK available soon.  In the mean time would it be posible for me to issue calls to your REST api via a script using curl ?  Not looking to display any radio data back into Touch Portal buttons.  Just want to select profiles which are not available via hotkeys in FRStack.  Thanks -Joe
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Yes the Rest API Help in FRStack references how to use CURL
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Mark here is a suggestion. Can you make your home deck empty with a button to your FRstack Profile or at the very least place a button where we can make our own, like get a profile, or a folder of our choice. Here is the reason. Each time you update FRstack we have to reinstall the profiles because of the new features and fixes you do. This makes profiles I make up kinda useless. With the home profile available for new button, I could simply copy my buttons over. Does that make any sense to you?

Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
When I add the same profile back to my Stream Deck it creates a new profile entry. Then I can copy the buttons or folders from this new profile to the existing profiles I use. I do not understand how this is different from what you are asking me to do. 
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
I didn't explain well Mark sorry. I guess first my question, the 2 files to be executed are just your profiles or is there updated code to perform more features ? In other words is there any need to execute them for each FRstack update?

As per the home folder, I guess going forward I can just use yours as a basis to copy buttons to my customer 6700 profile.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
The plugin performs the REST calls from Stream Deck and I will call that out in the what has changed for the release. There are many releases lately due to adding requested feature this should slow down shortly. The profile is usually updated with the newly exposed features. So only if you want to use the new feature do you need to update.  
Photo of Don

Don

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Mark,
I bought a stream deck(15 button). Downloaded software. from stream deck.
Went to properties and clicked on the two files. Don't see them In my stream setup.(software)
At 81 years old, I'm having trouble setting stream up. Can see sdr and frstack3 in profile set, but don't see anything like that on right side of keyboard.
But can't find it after I click on it.
Can anyone walk me through the setup.

TU...Don...w2xb
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 406 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Don. See the post by Mike Walker in this thread.  He posted instructions on how to get everything working.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 36 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Don, I volunteer to log to your computer and help you with the set-up, if you need.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 36 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Mark, I'm helping Don in setting up StreamDeck.
For some reasons the RESTtAPI server doesn't run (I just checked with a browser) and the restAPI applet doesn't load in the StreamDesk software, so no communication. I checked the firewall, the network configuration, everything looks good. I also run as administrator. I suspect something is going wrong with the Antivirus. Any suggestion?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 217 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Make sure the files are not "BLOCKED" by Windows. In Windows Explorer right click the select Properties. On the bottom of the General tab, is there a Security warning about the file coming from another computer? If so select Unblock and then click OK.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 36 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Do you mean the 2 StreamDesk files? The FRStack restapi server should respond anyway, right?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 217 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Get my email address from QRZ or Contact Support link in FRStack. send me your phone number and I will call.
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 60 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Mark thanks for the great program and the ability to work with Stream Deck.  I have one cosmetic issue I cannot resolve...in the main menu select Slice...on the right side second button I see Slice with a line thru it and I can't find a way to remove it ...can you or someone give me some guidance on how to clean this up...thanks

Regards,
Ronald
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 217 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
This is the image file set for the button. You can change this by selecting the button then using the context menu on the button's upper right corner. You can find the images I used to create the profile at https://github.com/mkcmsoftware/FRStack_Stream_Deck/tree/master/SD_ICONS
Photo of Ronald / W4RJF

Ronald / W4RJF

• 60 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks
Photo of Don

Don

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
need a Little help, making progress but when I click on the two files in frstack for plugins or profile,they won't open. 

Don...w2xb

Michael Wheatley

• 10 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
You must double click on the files.  THe first will open and go through an install sequence.  The second doesn't open but installs silently.

Michael -- KM6LHD
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 35 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
The restApi server is not running, read my post
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 35 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Problem solved, the custom plugin was not recognized by StreamDeck but by Internet Explorer even if I tried to force it.
Always verify the selection 'OPEN WITH: Stream Deck' 

Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 794 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
They’re not supposed to open. They just load and that s it. The profile will load when u open the stream deck software
(Edited)
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 791 Posts
  • 144 Reply Likes
Mark, I hope you realize you've open a can of worms with this gadget. Great software. Again thanks
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Mark, another request, can you add SteppIR functionality to your Stream Deck interface?
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I am not a SteppIR owner so do you have a lead on where I could get the protocol?
If so email it to me at the FRStack Help menu support contact. Thanks.
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
You get it! Check your e-mail. Let me know if what I sent helps.
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 541 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes
Mark, what font do you use creating your buttons, I'm making some up and want it to conform with what you got done. I got the blank button from your github page. My new desktop doesn't have Photoshop in it yet, so I'm using the Elgato online tool.
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I use Calibri 14 pt Bold
Photo of Max, N5NHJ

Max, N5NHJ

• 48 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
Some new ideas and suggestions:

- The Help has an typo in the Active Slice Commands description
http://localhost:13522/api/AciveSlice/{cmd}?param={val} (must be ActiveSlice)

- Add a function to ActiveSlice/STEP to have the step cycling between the defined range, this can save 1 button.
- Same as above but for ActiveSlice/FILTER

73, Max 

Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 220 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I will change the standard action for UP and DOWN to loop around for ActiveSlice FILTER and STEP in the next build.