Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack Version 2.1.30.4 Released

Mark_W3II
Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

FRStack has been updated to work with FlexRadio Systems next generation radios.

FRStack will work with your 1.X and 2.X based radios.

FRStack Version 2.1.30.4 Download Features:

Flex-6400/M Flex-6600/M support
SmartLink Support
Adds Mode Memory Tab
Adds CWX Window + Hotkeys
AGC Mode + Threshold
Diversity Menu + Hotkeys
RF Gain Menu + Hotkeys
RX TX ANT Menus + Hotkeys
PGXL Menu + Hotkey, Meters
Tune in FRStack sets PGXL to Standby
--serial=[radio sn] Command line support

Full release history can be found at http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

Enjoy.

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    A fine piece of software.  New version follows a new  version of SSDR.. Very stable and easy to use.
    Thanks, Mark!

Tom, SP7WT
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Mark Thank you for the upgrade. Great job and thank you for all the work you do. Larry ke2yc
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What does this feature do:
    Tune in FRStack sets PGXL to Standby
    Thanks
    JIm
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Jim It sets the new Flex amp (PGXL) to standby So your not keying the amp Larry ke2yc
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    How ?? Does it disable one of the RCA jacks ? If so that will also work for my Expert Amp.

JIm

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Awesome! Thank you Mark.

W7NGA dan
    Seaside, Oregon
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Today it only works with PGXL standby / operate however it can be easily enhanced to disable / enable the TX jacks. I will add this to the next build. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Note: that the PGXL communicates with the 6000s using an Ethernet connection, there are no ALC or PTT lines, just the coax and an Ethernet connection.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    HI Tim and Mark
    I am experimenting with Ethernet and PIC microcontrollers,  With that said I would like to know if there is a place where I can get the command reference for this feature. Using CAT decoding is simple but Ethernet decoding is not impossible with a little support. That is what makes this a great hobby.

Jim

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    There is an API category in the Community and many people have gone through the first step of connecting to the radio and subscribing to resources.

There is also information to be found here:
    http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr-api/
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim,
    I need to look into that API link a little deeper there is a lot of info there. Is there a group here in the forums that you are aware of that does microcontroller interfacing? I know that the Arduino is a very popular device. As are the PIC devices. I didn't want to start a topic that wasn't specific to Flex radios but to meet others that are using microcontrollers with Flex radios would be very nice.

Thanks
    Jim

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    FRStack 2.1.30.5 Tune now has the option to disable one or more of the RCA TX signals. This can prevent the keying of your AMP when using an automatic antenna tuner like HF-AUTO.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mark
    You are amazing !! 
    Lets be sure I understand. I can download the FRStack 2.1.30.5  install it into my 6500 and somewhere there will be a menu option to disable one of the RCA TX jacks only during tune ??

Yes I know I need to make a $200 donation and that is OK.

Thanks
    JIm
    WB9IXS
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

You can select 1 or more of the RCA TX settings. If the radio's RCA TX signal is enabled then FRStack's Tune menu or hotkey is selected, FRStack will disable the RCA TX signal then activate the radio's tune feature. When tune is deactivated FRStack re-enables the RCA TX signal. 

FRStack is installed on a PC on the same LAN with the Radio or on a remote PC using SmartLink.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    WOW.!!!
    This is a dream come true.

Thank You so much.

Jim
    WB9IXS
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    For those with the Maestro and the new M models you should checkout the CWX and Profile selection capabilities of FRStacks.  You simply run FRStacks on a computer.  Connect it via Smartlink to the Flex.  Bring up the CWX window in FRStack and you have a complete CWX interface.  The same 12 CWX memories are available to be used as available on the full SmartSDR software.  You can send with hot keys or mouse clicks.  You can even change the speed right on the panel.  It is so much easier than using the six F buttons on the front of the Maestro or M model.  You can then save really useable fast menu options on these F buttons instead of CWX strings.

Regarding profile.  Take a look at the tab in FRStacks.  Changing a profile is a simple mouse click away.  Much faster than navigating thru the Maestro or M model interface.

And don't miss the hotkey functionality.  I use it to change the panadapter width on the Maestro display for SSB and CW use.  But there are so many more possibilities.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    When I hit Tune from FRSTACK it activates TUNE and MOX and i don't get the tone that tune should send for tuning. Hitting MOX from FRSTACK just activates MOX like it should. Anyone else seeing this?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My mistake its working fine.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Mark Excellent work! Thanks for the effort. Dave wo2x
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    One of the best apps for the Flex,  I hope to see icons tool bars for quick access of most used items, we have now too many bells and whistles, hotkeys are  getting hard to remember.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the RX TX ANT Menus + Hotkeys
    It is very useful!
  • Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited June 2020
    Infomation.I working with Flex 6300 since a long time and I want try FRstack but he don't see my Flex..Do I forget a detail? All is well connect network unless . Maybe FRstack does not work with version 2 of Smartsdr?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It works with version 2, get the latest version, should work without any initial settings. Make sure a firewall isn't blocking it.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    FRAtack 2.1.30.4 is written to work wirh SmartSDR 2.1.30 Dave wo2x
  • Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Guys!!And I will try it on other computer.....
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Maybe this is just MS but here is what just popped up from the following download page: http://mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

Is this the correct download site?

I have never seen anything like this - maybe an error, or maybe not.  

• Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited February 2018
    Finally!It's was my Firewall !!!! Thank's again...
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes this is the correct site.
    This is a false positive. Make sure you are using the latest virus detection definitions. I am using threat definition version 1.261.747.0 dated 7:07:57AM 2/4/2018 and there are no issues detected.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ok, I will verify definitions file.   Quite a surprise when it showed up and I deleted the file.  

I am generally skeptical of MS virus detection.

On the other hand, better to be safe than extremely sorry. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.