Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRstack 3 Not Booting

Brian KA8CNI
Brian KA8CNI Member
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
FRStack 3 would not boot after the last update 3.1.11.36

The file FRStack.exe_StrongName_mhqkusobj4pxctus0ut0ut0cv0r1xmelpf3 in the directory of MKCM_Software_LLC  (C:/user/ka8cni/AppData/Local/MKCM_Software_LLC) had gotten corrupted. My efforts to uninstall FRStack and reinstall it would not solve the problem.  Turns out that file is not removed when you uninstall FRStack. you have to go into the user profile directory and just delete that file, so the next time you click on the the program that file is rewritten and the program will start normally!!    

Good Luck

Brian Goble

KA8CNI
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That file should NOT be removed on uninstall. The user settings are upgraded from version to version. If you delete this file you will loose all of your user settings. In the future send your user.config file to me MKCMSoftware@gmail.com for further review. Please include its directory name in the email. If you still have the file that was causing issues please send it to me. If there is an issue with upgrade I would like to fix it. 73
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Mark

I am sending you my file.

I am having the same problem, FRStack will not startup.  I re-boot windows, then FRStack will start.   Repeat again next time I shutdown FRStack.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • runway929
    runway929 Member ✭✭

Just turned on FRSTACK3, getting error that there are no radios, make sure radio is turned on and connected. Well, the radio is working fine and is connected to network. Ideas?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is often a Windows Firewall issue. You might trying turning the firewall off and see if it works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.