Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack 3 and Touch Portal question

Joel N9LQ
Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using FRStack3 (3.1.7.24) and Touch Portal and trying to add two separate panadapter zoom buttons, one for Slice A, and one for Slice B.  However, each button seems to work on the Active Slice, not the designated slice.  Here are the HTTP Get commands I used.  
http://localhost:13522/api/Slice/A/pan?param=down
http://localhost:13522/api/Slice/B/pan?param=down
Can anyone spot if I am doing something wrong here?  Thanks!

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I tested your commands in my Touch Portal setup and I get the same behavior.  Active slice only.  Flex 6600M v2.5.1
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I haven’t tried using lowercase as you have it; Try upper case PAN and DOWN  Also you can paste the command into browser and play with it.  I have noticed something similar with CENTER only working on active slice.   Maybe reach out to FRStack developer if no one else sees something.

I also have a problem with a command that works fine outside of Touch Portal but doesn’t from TP...  Smells like a TP portal problem to me for that.  So make sure yours works without TP first.
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    OK, good to know it is not just me.  Thanks for the feedback.
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I will try the upper case commands.  I also didn't know that I could just use a browser to test.  Thanks for the good suggestions.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I tried upper case commands without any difference.  Time to alert Mark ?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have also reproduced this issue. I will fix this week. 73.
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Mark - for what it's worth I have same symptom with Pan and Center for a specific slice.  Defaults to active.  

http://localhost:13522/api/Slice/A/PAN?param=CENTER.

Thank you so much for the responsiveness and most importantly the flexibility having REST calls for this.  It's way cool hooking up via my old Android, TouchPoint and your API's!

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The issue has been addressed with the 3.1.7.27 release.
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Mark, That was fast :)   I already tried it out, and it is working perfectly for me.  Thanks for creating this great program!
    73, Joel  N9LQ
  • Dave - N6XVZ
    Dave - N6XVZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Same here - working!  Thanks!
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    How do I prevent a Chrome web browser window from opening when I call a REST API URL directly from Touch Portal ?  Why does this happen ?
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Joe, did your question get an answer?
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Figured it out, pretty easy once the lights come on.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, use the HTTP Get action in Touch Portal to call the REST API URL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.