FRS 6700 won,t change bands

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
I was all set up for the SCC RTTY contest, but a major problem
I have the 6700 with 20m and 40m showing on the panadaptor, and TX1 enabled for 20m with one amp on 20m and TX2 enabled for a second amp on 40m. both having separate profiles.
Unfortunately when I try to transmit on 40m it comes out on 20m, even with the 20m tx1 disabled
and the 6700 has stopped receiving on 40m.
With the second panadaptor  showing 7048mhz if I push tune it shows on the first the tx output on the first panadaptor at 14096.  And yes only TX2 is enabled so it should transmit on 40m,
So I have a problem, which is a pity as i was all set to operate in the contest.
Yes I have reset the  6700 to original settings to see if it had got itself "tied up"
Comments please
Thanks Ross
ZL1WN
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 123 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 123 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Official Response
Thanks to all who wrote a reply.
I am still not sure what caused the problem, but after a lot of rechecking all the settings, DAX, antenna settings etc and a reboot every thing came back into life and I was able to get going into the RTTY contest. I suspect what happened is that the profiles I had set, were not being retained correctly and somehow I ended up transmitting on the 2 panadaptor screens, on 20 and 40m
I had no further problems, and the 6700 worked perfectly for the remainder of the contest.
I also had the 6500 monitoring 15m, but only worked one radio at a time.
the 6700 and the 6500 are marvellous for monitoring what is happening in a contest.
Thanks
Ross
ZL1WN