Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

front panel display on F6K

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
I know a few years ago there was discussion around the front panel display being used to show radio info. I keep looking at that nice display and thinking how nice it would be to show info on the display vs my call, rig name or model!  

I was thinking along with volts, current etc how it would be to see some other info ... maybe some kind of transmit indication .. power meter, active slice frequency, etc

not sure WHAT can be pulled through but sure would be nice to see that lovely display used for more than reminding me my call sign :)

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    How about a reminder to get in some more ale for the shack fridge? Maybe FRS could automate this in a future release? Even programmers need cerebral lubrication LOL.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The info is out there. DDUtil reads Volts, Temp, agc, apf, mute, nb, etc...
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    great idea Simone
    73 elan 
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My wife suggests that I remove my callsign and display the dollar value I paid. A reminder of why we are still driving an older Prius!
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Okay, I've been looking through the HARDWARE manual and the SSDR manual, and I haven't found where you go to set your callsign or anything else on the front panel.  How do you do that?
    Jim
    K0UNX
    unixman@mac.com

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Jim, go to the Radio Setup page on the SSDR Settings option and note the Radio Identification section. You can edit the Nickname and Callsign strings and click on the tab you desire to display. The tab will turn blue and your front-panel display should update to the new string.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I drive a '76 Chevy so your in the modern era, at least in the same century! 

:-)
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have been trending toward making 'olde buzzard' transmissions on AM lately. Perhaps a timer, counting how long my buzzardly stream-of-conscience blatherings would be useful. A ten-minute ID timer? And even though the LED turns red, I think it would be nice to display 'transmitting' or some user-defined variation on that theme.

Or ... just as it is works FB
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    she is 100% correct 73 ep
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I don't want to keep replying on 3rd software to do what the box can do Salvador. If callsign or nickname can be put up then sure other info is available .. just needs a bit of programming :)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    ouch!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.