Friedrichshafen

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Will FlexRadio be presenting a talk at Friedrichshafen in June?  For many years these talks have taken place and have been very well attended, but I don't see anything on the program, although I know they are having the usual stand in the exhibition area.

In any case, it would be great if Flex users could meet informally somewhere, perhaps at lunch time?

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Matt - KD5FGE

Matt - KD5FGE, Employee

• 131 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff,

We are still in the process of working with the exhibition to arrange a speaking slot. We typically have Gerald Youngblood do a presentation but have not yet been able to finalize the details. 

Hopefully we will know soon.

Thank you,

Matt Youngblood
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Just to reactivate this post:

Will Gerald (or any other Flex representative) be visiting the Hamfest in Friedrichshafen early next month and making a presentation?  These have always been very well attended , but I still don't see anything listed on the organisers website.

I hope a good number of Flex users make it to Friedrichshafen.  Not as big as Dayton but it's certainly by far the best Europe can offer.

Jeff - G4IUA
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3789 Posts
  • 1638 Reply Likes

I will be at Friedrichshafen again this year (Not speaking this time)

.. and IIRC Matt Youngblood is also attending.

Not sure who else is coming.

BTW...Friedrichshafen is much nicer, CLEANER and a more professional venue than the Xenia Horse Barns.   As an American I am always embarrassed that the horse barns are the premier ham venue for the USA.

PLUS the BEER is much better in Friedrichshafen

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2317 Posts
  • 957 Reply Likes
I wanted to go, but life threw me a curve... so I had to cancel. 

I am however speaking at Dayton, so if you're going there, (too late for Europeans I guess)  feel free to attend.

Ria
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 830 Posts
  • 1515 Reply Likes
Official Response
Matt, Lou, and Norbert will be representing FlexRadio this year.  For some reason we could not get anyone to respond to our many requests regarding a speaking slot so I will not be coming.  I need a rest too.  ;>)
Photo of Gary Wise

Gary Wise

• 79 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Howard - I will look for you in Germany. Would enjoy meeting you to say thanks (For your Quiet Station presentation especially).

Ria - Looking forward to seeing you again in Xenia, and your presentation on Remote Operation.

73 - Gary W4EEY
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3789 Posts
  • 1638 Reply Likes
You can usually find me either near the Flex Booth or in the Beer Garden at Lunch or testing the national booze at the various National Society Booths (USA is Dry)
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 295 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes

Yes, but the M&Ms at the ARRL booth are tasty!

Tim VE6SH

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3789 Posts
  • 1638 Reply Likes

@Tim

I am diabetic... so won't eat M&M's But my endocrinologist tells me that the body burns alcohol like it was a fat, so booze is preferred giveaway for me

Will you be a Friedrichshafen this year?

You might want to sample the Vodka and Caviar from the Russian Federation Ham Club

Photo of Richard McClelland, AA5S

Richard McClelland, AA5S

• 296 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I'm in on alcohol and Caviar.  Not thumbs upping your health issues.  
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2317 Posts
  • 957 Reply Likes
I am diabetic but I consume sugar as long as I exercise and take my meds.
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 295 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
My waist line improved when we moved our booth last year! My favourite is the Vodka at PZK and REF can always be counted on for good wine!

Will be there this year.

Tim VE6SH

NB: Jeff, I am also G4HUA. two dits more than your call!
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Good choice, Tim - I was just behind you in the queue!  FWIW I am also VK1JC and KE1JC.  The latter was not a coincidence thanks to the US vanity call system.
Photo of Larry da Ponte

Larry da Ponte

• 159 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
If there are any Flex users wanting to meet up for a beer in Friedrichshafen I’d be interested.

N7BCP
HB9EYQ
Larry
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3789 Posts
  • 1638 Reply Likes
I will be around.. my email is good on QRZ
Photo of Jeff - G4IUA

Jeff - G4IUA

• 139 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Another good thing about Friedrichshafen...everything is under cover.  All the flea market, trade stands etc. and even the outdoor eating area is under huge umbrellas. I'm watching the Hamvention from Xenia right now, and it looks a little damp!