Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Variation FlexRadio 6700 SmartSDR 2.0 over SmartLink

Thomas Dias
Thomas Dias Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello, I have noticed after upgrading to SmartSDR 2.0

Doing remote testing I have noticed frequency variation, it has varied upward when down.

Did anyone notice this problem?

PU5DTH.

Answers

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I do not understand "upward when down"?? Please explain...
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    I've noticed a frequency stability problem.

Example at 40M I'm listening to someone on Mhz, 7,140, I have to make small corrections up or down.

• Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited July 2017
    In the display the frequency remains fixed but I hear variation in the voice.
    As if the frequency varies, when I transmit the people also inform me that it is varying.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Prior to doing any upgrade I always export my profiles.  After I do any upgrade, I always do a factory reset of the Flex, then import profiles but making sure I do no include the Preferences.

If you haven't done this, I suggest you give it a try and see if the problem goes away.

Norm - W7CK
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    I recommend that you frequency calibrate your radio.  After you do that, tune to a strong frequency reference signal (like WWV).  The carrier should be a straight line on the waterfall.  if it isn't, then open a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate.
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    hi Tim, how to calibrate ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Open the RX tab in the Radio Setup and run the frequency calibration.  You will need a strong reference signal, like WWV or one of the other frequency standards.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    If the signal is varying in frequency, a frequency calibration will not fix that problem.  Like I said, if it isn't straight, open a HelpDesk ticket.
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    hi Tim, i have done calibrating, but i note in 80M don't show me spectrum scope, only Waterfall, you have other tips..
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    change values of spectrum by sliding scale on right side
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Chris.

I tried to do this, however in 80M it seems that there is a bug in the scale, I tried to close the slice and open another but it comes back the same.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    can you make a screen shoot from this part of your SSDR and show here?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    I think you should address one issue at a time.  Resolve the frequency variation before starting on a different issue.  Since you will be checking frequency stability on WWV (10 or 15 MHz), the 80m band issue is not relevant to this particular issue.
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    imageimageHi.

In the upper right side has the two arrows, up and down both are locked do not work, but I did a test opening a new slice in 80M when I do this back the Scope band for the two. And when I close it disappears into the other.

• Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Tim,

Frequency variation seems to be normal not noticeable plus variation.

i will do more test  at nigth
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Change the magnitude of the signal strength scale on the right by using the up/down arrows located at the top of the scale.
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    buttons don't work corretly
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I noticed the Quality Meter was showing 2 yellow bars, not that that has anything to do with Tom's reported problem. However, noticed that on my radio this morning as well.
  • Thomas Dias
    Thomas Dias Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Bill, wifi level is low but works perfectly, in others band, Spectum Scope work good.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Thomas, the scaling controls work fine.  Are you clicking on the small triangles?

Bill, if your comment has nothing to do with the post, adding it just adds to the confusion and degrades the signal to noise ratio of the replies.  We are trying to help Thomas, not muddy the situation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.