frequency info from 6400M to Steppir control box?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I have a (humble) Steppir dipole, and I was wondering if there is a tried and true way to get frequency information from the 6400M to the Steppir control?  My Yaesu used a weird Y rs232 cable that attached to the rig, the Steppir control, and the computer.  How are folks doing it (if at all) with the Flex?  Right now I manually track frequency of the Steppir.
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of kd5foy

kd5foy

• 15 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC

• 48 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
The USB Cable Guide is one of my 'go to' documents, it tells you how to do all of these types of things!
http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/
Photo of WB0O

WB0O

• 33 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Roger,  I use Ham Radio Deluxe for my logging, etc. and use the HRD program to send the freq info from my Flex to my Steppir.  This works out great if you are using more than one radio in your shack, then your active radio tab in HRD will control your Steppir.  What other software are you using?
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Right now using HRD/DM780 and WSJT-X.  What cable do you use between the Steppir and whatever? 
Photo of WB0O

WB0O

• 33 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Roger.. forgot to clearly answer the question.  I use Steppir's S12 cable, along with the FTDI serial to USB cable. 
Photo of WB0O

WB0O

• 33 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Roger,   I use a standard FTDI Serial DB9 to USB cable to connect the Steppir SDA100 to my computer.   The Steppir Instructions for this are not very helpful, so I created my own document.   
Photo of WB0O

WB0O

• 33 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Roger,  last page.   Hopefully this helps get you going!   r/Mike