Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV1.1 and FDV Waveform

I installed the new SmartSDR Waveform and the SmartSDR FreeDV 1.05.3.2 App and I can get it to work somewhat but I cannot get the Microphone output to go to the Transmitter Mike input. I have tried every possible combination in the tools setup, but I only get some sort of noise input to the mike, and about 20 Watts output, which does not follow my voice. I have an internal VIA HD audio soundcard in the PC. I have tried to connect a mike/headset to the green and pink connectors on the soundcard, but I still cannot get it to work. The soundcard settings show these inputs/outputs are available. I think I need explicit help. I have DAX Control Panel v1.6.17 and it shows TX and RX streaming is OK on Slice A and Mic Stream streaming.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Although you didn't mention it, make sure you refer to the FreeDV how to for operating the waveform mode. http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/freedv-waveform-how-to-guide-pdf/
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    DAX and PC mic/speakers are not required for FreeDV use -- the software runs entirely in the radio (although a PC client can display the callsign and set the callsign).  You can also run remote, but I would make sure it works local to the radio first.

Edit: removed braindead reference to using ThumbDV for FreeDV which was incorrect

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.