Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV two receivers issues

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
If I open two or more Slices on FreeDV mode all of them start making weird noises. If I close all of them and leave just Slice A, Slice A doesn't recover and the noise remains. I have to completely close the slice and open it again. Sometimes , instead of closing the slice, changing modes "fixes" it. If there are signals, regular USB signals, the slices degrade faster. And if I have 4 or more FDV Slices with S7 or more signals it crashes SmartSDR.

This happens regardless of having the slices on different bands.
Or even if the different slices are in different SCUs.

Also, unrelated, if I TX while on 2m through the XVRT port the waterfall stops in the other panadapters regardless of having FDX on and being on a different band on a different antenna.

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I think FreeDV is only supported for one slice with the current release.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    David is correct.  FreeDV can only be used with a single slice.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.