Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV on Smart SDR 1.4.11

2»

Comments

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited May 2015
    Couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the pointer.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Done that, but still nothing. Will start a separate thread to avoid "hijacking" this one.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I am not seeing a green bar, it is indicating as a blue bar and does not react to signals I have received.  SW loaded as normal, as I did it according to the instructions. 
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Cal:  Thanks for the first FDV QSO on 40M a few minutes ago!  Great fun.  Tried to log the QSO via DXKeeper as DIGVOICE, but LOTW threw up on that.  You may see a weird SSB contact show up.  Hope to see you on FDV again.

Thanks to Flex for another neat new toy!  73, Tom

• Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    A couple of points that may help some having problem a getting started with FreeDV.

Error: "No FreeDV slice"

If you start the FreeDV app (from the red Icon on desktop) and the little window open up saying "No FreeDV slice" there a couple of things that can cause this:

1) - you do not have the slice set to the FDV mode. Change to the FDV mode and it should start working correctly.

2) - The FreeDV app requires network access, separate from SmartSDR. So your firewall could be blocking it.

In my case I'm use ESET Smart Security. Every time I install SmartSDR I have to switch to manual mode authorize it to connect to the network, before I see he radio in the list. The same thing is required for FreeDV to work.After this, a rule is written and it works every time.

I listened a bit on 14.236 and heard a few short parts of transmissions so far. I'm have a problem with strong S9 QRM which is no help..  will keep trying.

72..  Ken - VE5KC

• Kev Mallin
    Kev Mallin Member
    edited March 2017

Very good guys, had my first ever FDV qso  this evening with another **** G4KCM it was on 40m this evening.

Kev G0TPZ

• Douglas Fillingham
    edited May 2015
    What frequency please?

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    sign into the page below
    http://qso.freedv.org/
  • Douglas Fillingham
    edited May 2015
    There are 2 frequencies for 40m. Being in G land I wondered which they were using.

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can chat to others logged into that page entering text in the black bar at the bottom. As well you can update your listing for the frequency you are monitoring or calling on. 
  • Douglas Fillingham
    edited May 2015
    Thanks David 73 G4OVR
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken, the (Windows) firewall was the culprit... disabled it and got rid of the error message. Now to get into the Firewall settings and fix it once and for all, and then go make some contacts (I hope...). :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.