Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

freedv lsb

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
Add LSB support in the FreeDV waveform. 
4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This has been requested for as long as the waveform has been available. Not just here, but on the FDV group!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Pretty useless unless you are talking with another flex 6K user.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hopefully will see the "likes" on this idea and bump it up on the priority list.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I also would like LSB on FREEDV. My understanding is the code is open source free for someone to see how it's done for thumbDV. Shouldn't be tremendously difficult to modify the code to have two modes, FDV-USB and FDV-LSB instead of what it is now FDV. I attempted in the past getting Visual Studio loaded and just couldn't get the libraries setup to the point to start playing with code. Got busy at work and the trial for VS ended. If I had an someone that can assist me getting walk me through getting started, be nice to play around to reverse engineer existing FDV code and go from there.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mark,

To get a world-wide convention to work properly, Flex should not have to look at the number of likes at all. That the release works against such a convention should be enough reason.

Releasing the waveform in a broken state and leaving it like is just madness. One Elmer here has given me the usual software-changing reason that to change the waveform with break something else. The waveform has had one coding update since release with no operator-visible changes apparent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.