Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV: "Good signal but no audio"

Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Loaded SSDR (newest version) and FreeDV as recommended on this web site; all loaded OK. I am seeing the FreeDV message as pictured. and able to transmit a signal but with on-air reports of no audio (confirmed by listening on my "backup" radio in DV mode). I am getting audio into the radio from the PR718 and ProSet 6 (confirmed by monitoring through headphones and transmit audio meter), but no audio out on the air. This is when set up as pictured... when DAX is selected, there is also no transmit audio. There has to be something, probably some simple thing, that I am missing. Ideas, please?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If you're trying to use your local PC mic, turn off DAX, use remote audio and "PC" instead of "BAL." if you're using your local radio mic, turn off DAX and use MIC or BAL, depending on how you have it connected. Your image shows DAX off on the slice, Remote off, and the balanced input selected. Is that what you intended? In general, DAX isn't used for any voice mode.
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yup... the radio mic is what I intended to use. DAX has been off, although I showed the DAX control panel to show "Slice A" as being the only one connected (I use that for PSK, etc.). 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I got the no freedv slice error until I did a reboot after installing it.
  • len
    len Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    You should see freedv text box connected to a slice, usually slice A
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Turn off DAX
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    DAX has been off. When I transmit in FDV mode, there is power out, but no audio out of the radio (I am hearing myself through the headphones when I switch on the MON function.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I did some very cursory testing via iPad remote (I'm away from home). Audio level to FDV seems quite low compared to USB. Engaging the 20 db preamp seemed to help. I didn't talk to anyone or test thoroughly, so could be in left field.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.