freedv

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
installed FreeDV from there website. setup DAX1 for the receiver. Pressed start. I'm seeing a signal but no audio. don't see a FreeDV option in SDR shouldn't there be?
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Did not install the waveform. Don't know how
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 944 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi James

You will need to download the FreeDV waveform from the FRS site.  Please check this document:

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/freedv-waveform-how-to-guide-pdf/

for full details.  If further help is needed please ask.

Good Luck

k3Tim
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Tim, thanks but where are these files and when I go to install the waveform from smart sdr there are no waveforms listed to display. I'm running version 1.6.17 of sir.
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I found the waveform on the support site and ran the software,after doing so there is no wave for listed and no Freedv option. Shown. Help. And thanks
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 944 Posts
  • 197 Reply Likes
Hi James.

Sorry about the delay (day job getting in the way).  Page 3 of the install manual does outline the two things that have to be installed for FDV to work. One requirement that is missing in the manual is the FDV dongle has to be plugged in to the Flex 6K series.

I may be a bit confused as you mentioned waveform, which would require the dongle. If you are trying to install FDV from the originating site, I am not aware of how to do so.

If you have the dongle plugged into the F6k and the FDV app provided from FRS is running then the new FDV mode should show up in the list of supported modes.

k3Tim
Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 280 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Tim,
You are confusing FDV and DSTAR.
No dongle for FDV.
Andrew VK5CV
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Got fever to show up. Not sure why it wasn't there initially. Maybe it will work now. There has not been a signal to check if it is workin.
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
FDV shows up now.
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
I followed the instructions in the document and successfully installed the FreeDV waveform.  I did not need a dongle, I think that that is for D-Star only.

Everything looks perfect - now if ONLY I could find someone to talk to ... or even hear  - when the nets are running!

David G4NRT
Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 698 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
http://qso.k7ve.org/  login, enjoy QSO

And for those interested.. here is one for DSTAR.. http://hf.dstar-relay.net/ 

73's

David
KK4QOE
(Edited)
Photo of James Madden

James Madden

• 201 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Does this site show who is transmitting if they are not logged into this site? Thanks. Jim
Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 698 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
No... it's just a place to gather and test really.. but gives a starting point and a frequency most used by those modes of operation