Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Free tuner with Power Genius XL if pre-ordered before 12/31/17

Matt-KD5FGE
Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
Pre-order a Power Genius XL amplifier before 12/31/17 and receive a free external tuner. Do not miss this amazing offer!

http://cart.flexradio.com/PowerGenius-XL-RESERVATION_p_1005.html

Comments

• Ryan - NC4RA
    Ryan - NC4RA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Love the picture with the Christmas tree in the background....Can’t wait to have that bad boy on my desk!
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What are the details/specs of the tuner? When will the tuner actually ship? Has the tuner been tested by the alpha testers?
  • Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    How many Christmas Lights can you lite up with a PGXL Amp, will I need an External Tuner to do that ! 
    73 Mike

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'd like to know the specs as well. 
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tuner Genius S will tune 15 to 200 ohms at 2 kW
    It is controlled over ethernet or manually
    The number of Christmas lights it can light up may vary based on LED vs incandescent as well as by manufacturer. :)

• Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Is this tuner described/promoted/sold in any way by FRS or 4O3A? It feels odd that it is only being casually mentioned in the context of the amp. Also, what about the unanswered question on availability and shipping?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This will be a FlexRadio product.  It is being offered free with pre-orders of the PowerGenius XL if placed before year end.  We don't have the exact shipment date yet because the priority has been shipment of the amplifiers.
  • Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi Gerald! What about European hams that cannot pre-order the amp now? Will they have the tuner for free if they order early next year?
  • Mark Aaker K6UFO
    Mark Aaker K6UFO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Does the tuner only work on one antenna output, or can you tune both antenna outputs for SO2R on two different antennas? Thanks.
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited June 2020
    Will the tuner work standalone with without using the amp?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    The ATU has only one RF input and two RF outputs (based on the prototype I saw last)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Yes, it has a manual mode of operation.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Maybe it’s just me, but I find this promotion really odd. The goal of a promotion is to increase sales by increasing the value of what you are selling. Either lower the price or bundle with another product or service.

As of the time of this promo the tuner does not exist outside of the very limited descriptions provided on this forum. I don’t think it is a stretch to describe it as vaporware. It is of unknown value, both in terms of capabilities and availability. I also anticipate FRS getting more heat from customers who want to see the tuner in the shack.

The amp seems to be an outstanding product. I’d be surprised if sales are anything but thru the roof. Is this vaporware tuner really needed to promote the amp?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Flex does not need to justify adding the tuner to the order. None of our business. If the tuner is a Flex product is is sure to be of high standard like all the other products they have.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Except that when an add or promotion is considered misleading and material to the consumer’s decision to buy a product or a service, the FTC takes notice. My concern is that FRS could be creating self inflicted pain to promote an amp that likely is good on its own and doesn’t need a promotion, especially if the promotion could raise truth in advertising eyebrows.
  • Bill-KB0BK
    Bill-KB0BK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I seem to recall a number of posts immediately after the PG initial announcement wanting to know about an included antenna tuner similar to what other manufacturers were doing.  I was a bit surprised, pleasantly surprised, when FRS announced the external tuner.  I'm looking forward to excellent products which have been thoroughly tested and not rushed to shipment (even though I want them now :)).  Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year to all at FRS!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.