Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Free Shipping?

Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
Just received my invoice for the 6400!

Flex charged - $32 (and change) for shipping. The website stated Free Shipping when I ordered. Apparently, Free Shipping is not the case.

Flex Sales was very responsive to my inquiry. Here is their response:

"Free Shipping" is on every invoice and it essentially means free shipping on the invoice that was part of your deposit.

Sorry for complaining, but I don't get it.

I'm thinking I won't be the only one somewhat surprised...

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Since it is a deposit there is nothing to ship, hence free shipping.

There is nothing mentioned on their site about free shipping when you check the product page.

I paid shipping for both the amp and radio. Even my 6500 and 5000a had shipping charges.

Dave wo2x

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I was charged 32.66 for shipping. 
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sounds about correct for that size box and weight. At LEAST Flex does not up charge like brand "E". 

I have been shocked at what brand "E" charges. :)

Lew
    N4CO
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I agree that is a bit confusing  since on pre-order page it marked as free shipping

http://cart.flexradio.com/FLEX-6600-Reservation_p_1012.html

this may let think is free shipping on the radio  , but after that long is not care paid for shipping  ;-)
    but the free shipping icon may remove from the pre-order page for avoid confusion and complain

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Good explanation Dave.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Expect their 3rd-party invoicing system requires "something" to be put into shipping, even for deposits, services or downloads?

I've seen this with other vendors elsewhere, mostly when ordering software or software licenses.

Usually FRS has offered us the ability to pick our shipping costs - you want next day, as long as you pay the costs it is possible. 

I paid shipping on each of my radios & amp (5000A, 6700, 6700, 6600M and PGXL).

Steve K9ZW

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No shipping charge in your emailed invoice?  Someone at FRS has a great sense of humor! :) 
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    also the description on Handel kit is not clear ....   ,did it same that use on old radio ??

6000Series:6400/6600-RKMT
    FlexSeries RackMount Kit for FLEX-6500, 
    FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6700R
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Just checked web site, reflects standard rates now :(
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Alan,  when did you order your 6400?
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    was it a 6400 or 6400M ?
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don’t get it either. 5 grand for a Radio and they have to charge shipping?? I’m new to Flex. Have paid for a 6600M. Not a very good start. DX Engineering, HRO and others don’t charge shipping on orders above $100. Come on Flex.......
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    HRO and DX Engineering probably ship more equipment in one day than Flex does for the entire year.   Comparing Flex to those business is not realistic.  
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Baloney !!!!!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I would rather pay shipping and have what I consider to be a superior radio. Look at it this way, the radio costs on average $5040 for a 6600m with free shipping. (If you look at it from a different perspective) When you buy equipment look at the total price for shipping, accys, etc and then compare against the competition. I have a 6600 and Power Genius XL and consider it to be top of the line for how I operate. Flex could provide free shipping but those costs would have to be buried in the radio price and drive the price of rhe radio up. Do you really think the Icom 7610is worth $3800? But wait! There’s free shipping! ;-) Dave wo2x
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had thought it was free shipping also..  But really cant remember for sure.  I wont complain, radios are finally shipping!!!  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I was expecting free shipping as well but to be honest I would have paid $30 just to see they are sending invoices and we are going to have radios on the way.

So does it appear to be 6400s ?  M or non M?

Have not got my invoice yet, but waiting.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Only Marc has hit the point.

On ALL Flex website 'reservations' it states "Free Shipping". Flex should probably remove that.
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You need to stop crying and pay the bill !!
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Fred,

The bill is paid. The website is wrong.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    HRO and DX Engr. pay NO WHERE CLOSE to what you and I as well as Flex does to ship rigs. All the BIG guys receive volume discounts.

Lew
    N4CO
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I got a 5% Xmas discount on my new radio - and negotiated a two year warranty plus free shipping from the UK dealer - gave up waiting for the 6600 here and bought Anan 7000dle serial number 004. I may sell it if and when flex develop ssdr features like diversity and sort out the noise reduction side. The random disconnect issue in ssdr was the final straw for me after four years of loving the two 6300s and 6500 I owned. Hope the new flex radios turn out good for you guys and I look forward to hearing the reports on their performance. 73 Steve gw0gei / gw9j
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Dave is correct.

This is a consequence of the online store software we use.  All items include shipping by default and the only way you can not have the software charge you a minimum shipping cost is to flag the item as having free shipping.  For the item purchased, which was a reservation for a radio, not the radio itself was designated a free shipping to prevent this charge.  I know it can be confusing, but a shipping charge was not applied to your reservation order.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    The explanation of the "free shipping" applied to reservation orders, not the actual radio order, was explained above so I am closing this post. 

This is the explanation:

This is a consequence of the online store software we use.  All items include shipping by default and the only way you can not have the software charge you a minimum shipping cost is to flag the item as having free shipping.  For the item purchased, which was a reservation for a radio, not the radio itself was designated a free shipping to prevent this charge.  I know it can be confusing, but a shipping charge was not applied to your reservation order.

If you have concerns about your order, the Community is not where these issues will get resolved.  Please contact Sales directly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.