Free Shipping?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Just received my invoice for the 6400!

Flex charged - $32 (and change) for shipping. The website stated Free Shipping when I ordered. Apparently, Free Shipping is not the case.

Flex Sales was very responsive to my inquiry. Here is their response:

"Free Shipping" is on every invoice and it essentially means free shipping on the invoice that was part of your deposit.

Sorry for complaining, but I don't get it.

I'm thinking I won't be the only one somewhat surprised...

Photo of Alan W4FBI

Alan W4FBI

• 190 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 942 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
Official Response
Since it is a deposit there is nothing to ship, hence free shipping.

There is nothing mentioned on their site about free shipping when you check the product page.

I paid shipping for both the amp and radio. Even my 6500 and 5000a had shipping charges.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8461 Posts
  • 3161 Reply Likes
Official Response
The explanation of the "free shipping" applied to reservation orders, not the actual radio order, was explained above so I am closing this post. 

This is the explanation:

This is a consequence of the online store software we use.  All items include shipping by default and the only way you can not have the software charge you a minimum shipping cost is to flag the item as having free shipping.  For the item purchased, which was a reservation for a radio, not the radio itself was designated a free shipping to prevent this charge.  I know it can be confusing, but a shipping charge was not applied to your reservation order.

If you have concerns about your order, the Community is not where these issues will get resolved.  Please contact Sales directly.