Free Shipping?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Just received my invoice for the 6400!

Flex charged - $32 (and change) for shipping. The website stated Free Shipping when I ordered. Apparently, Free Shipping is not the case.

Flex Sales was very responsive to my inquiry. Here is their response:

"Free Shipping" is on every invoice and it essentially means free shipping on the invoice that was part of your deposit.

Sorry for complaining, but I don't get it.

I'm thinking I won't be the only one somewhat surprised...

Photo of Alan W4FBI

Alan W4FBI

• 216 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1061 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
Official Response
Since it is a deposit there is nothing to ship, hence free shipping.

There is nothing mentioned on their site about free shipping when you check the product page.

I paid shipping for both the amp and radio. Even my 6500 and 5000a had shipping charges.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9052 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
Official Response
The explanation of the "free shipping" applied to reservation orders, not the actual radio order, was explained above so I am closing this post. 

This is the explanation:

This is a consequence of the online store software we use.  All items include shipping by default and the only way you can not have the software charge you a minimum shipping cost is to flag the item as having free shipping.  For the item purchased, which was a reservation for a radio, not the radio itself was designated a free shipping to prevent this charge.  I know it can be confusing, but a shipping charge was not applied to your reservation order.

If you have concerns about your order, the Community is not where these issues will get resolved.  Please contact Sales directly.
(Edited)