Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fragmentation with SmartSDR 2.3.9 and not with Smart SDR iOS? Coincidence?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have with Goran SM6PPS tested remote connection over different access lines on the client side (500 km away) while maintaining 4G LTE on server/radio side (only option). Here are our findings. With fiber (100 Mbit) and 4G on client side we obtain no waterfall display due to as we understand fragmented UDP packages. The latency when pinging from client to radio side is low (20 ms). 
However, when trying with Smart SDR iOS on the client side with 4G LTE on the radio site BUT over another 4G router (so both 4G routers are on the same cellular cell)  we get the waterfall and everyhting works as expetected. Of course latency increases to 200 ms over this large packet "loop". 
How come? This seem to point to smart SDR Windows that introduces this or? With earlier version (2.3.7) in may we did not notice any of this problem. 
I know changes were made in the fragmentation issue in latest release.
Have anyone else noticed the same phenomenon?   

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    When I had fragmentation issues it turned out to be a hardware setting in my NIC card.

I did post it here in the community the settings I changed.  It was in my pfSense router so if you search you can find it.  

Mike

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited September 2018
    Michael,

Could you explain more fully (for example the settings or pictures) and provide links.

Tnx, Jim
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2018

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.