Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FM deviation on 6 Meters.

Options
KD2OM
KD2OM Member
When using a local 6 meter I am told that my audio deviation is low. I have the mic gain up pretty high. The display shows NFM 11.0 kHz. This seems wide for NFM. I would think it should be more like 6.0 or 8.0 kHz. I have not seen how to select a narrower bandwidth like you can for SSB. Is there a way that I have missed?

Steve KD2OM 

Answers

• john crilly
    john crilly Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    You want the normal FM mode, which will display a RX bandwidth of 16kHz and a deviation of +-5 kHz. The ham standard of +-5kHz deviation generally occupies a bandwidth of about 13kHz. What the Flex is calling NFM is used in some other countries (and pretty much all US commercial two way) but I don't know of any US ham use of that mode.
  • KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you John, I don’t know why I didn’t try that. Much better into the repeater now.

Steve KD2OM 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.