Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flexwire i/o

Charlie N6CFH
Charlie N6CFH Member
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a 1500 and several transverters. I want to use the output of the Flexwire i/o to auto switch which transverer is activated via a relay switch. Have not been able to find any cmds out of the flexwire port. Any clues? Thanks, 73 de Charlie N6CFH

Answers

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    They are in the CAT directory. If you are on the right port, you can assign data values using the form invoked by: ctrl + alt + U Check it out. Plenty of clues, let me know if we are on the same page. Phil
  • Charlie N6CFH
    Charlie N6CFH Member
    edited November 2013
    Phil- If I read it correctly, it looks like this cat is set up for the 6k series. In any case, I was looking for similar for the DB-9 Flexwire connector; I do not see how these cat commands go out the f/w port? I can do what SmartSDR CAT will do with ddutil and vsp, just wanted to do it from the db-9 vs the computer; would work the same it appears. If I am missing something, please let me know, I am something of a newbie to this. As an aside, I would like to use the VAC (which I use for fldidgi) for mic and phones from my computer, bypassing the front panel ports on the 1500. Seen a wiki on this? Thanks for the help! 73 de Charlie N6CFH
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Lets back up. I'm must talking about transverter band data. It's now able to come out of the flexwire port. Many of us are doing it now. I switch 12 bands automatically with data coming from the flexwire port that is set by the form I told you about. You can see how I do it at my site k3tuf.com/FW.html
  • Charlie N6CFH
    Charlie N6CFH Member
    edited November 2013
    Phil- If I understand, the the ucb number on the xvtr form will map to a set of relays (0-15) on the "stand alone" board that decodes the data out of the 1500 DB-9 flexwire port. This is what I wanted to build! Why re-invent the wheel when one can get on the air!!! How do you tap off the ptt output from the same db-9? Is it avail on the board, or ? Also, I must be missing something on the hf bands? (as they do not use the xvtr form?) Thanks, 73 de Charlie N6CFH
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Flex never output HF band data, you can get it with the use of DDUTIL. They use the CAT commands to send instructions out to the Flexwire port for HF. XVTR directly come out of the Flexwire port based on settings in the UCB form. For PTT I put a DC voltage on the IF line and pick it off in each transverter via a bias tee. Hope that helps.
  • Charlie N6CFH
    Charlie N6CFH Member
    edited November 2013
    Phil- I will read more and try the board. Thanks for the help! 73 de Charlie N6CFH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.