Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio and 4O3A related info

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This is interesting.  The video says it tracks via API and SmartSDR.  I wonder how/if it will work if SmartSDR is not running and the radio is only controlled by Maestro...

Greg
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It is talking to the API in the radio directly.  Antenna Genius is a client to the API just like SmartSDR and Maestro are.
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited December 2015
    I caught that too. He said it interfaces to the radio through the API, so I think the app for the antenna switch could be running on a PC somewhere while you are using the Maestro - you just cannot make changes to the app from Maestro.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Gerald. It may be a good idea for them to clarify that. The description sounds like it connects to smart SDR and not to the radio.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've left a phone message for Force 12 asking on the ETA for actual Antenna Geniuses. I've also asked about the Station Genius 2.0 upgrade.

Antenna Geniuses are available for pre-order only if paid in full. No problem if the ETA is weeks or perhaps a month or two.

Will post news when info comes.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Amazing customer service and I received a retrain call while I was out on site at the remote island QTH. Loose plans are that pre-ordered units would be here by holloween (4 weeks) with perhaps another four-five weeks delay for the next batch due to demand. I've put in my preorder as this switch with its native WAN control is exactly what I've wanted. My other question on the version 2.0 upgrade to the Station Genius is the upgrade is software based and is still in testing. A firm ETA isn't possible but guess is more than a month but less than six months. 73 Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.