Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio 6500 + ThumbDV not working

Gastonet
Gastonet Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi everyone. I finally got my ThumbDV, no problem at all installing it following Ed's how-to. Now everytime I transmit it only gets out what its sounds like the header frames but not the voice frames. I made a short video keying up and down monitoring the modulation using an FM receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5XlceQEuE

Using Windows 10 x64 and SmartSDR 1.10.16 (no problem at all in any other mode).

Any help will be appreciated.

73 de Gaston

Comments

• KS4JU
    KS4JU Member
    edited April 2020
    The ThumbDV has not been working for quite awhile now with SSDR. Flex is aware of the issue. Good news is that you can still use the ThumbDV with WinDV to get on the FM reflectors via the internet.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for your answer Mike. Actually I have a bunch of DSTAR capable rigs in my shack, just bought the ThumbDV because I wanted to use with the 6500 (my main HF rig).

@FRS any ETA for the fix?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    This issue is in our bug tracker as defect #4457.  I have added your info to the defect detail.  Thank you for the defect report.
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Same issues for over a year on 6700...!!!

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Gaston, Dudley and I are having dialog about this condition.  I actually had a defective ThumbDV.  However, I also discovered that if I use a USB hub on the remaining USB port of my 6500, I have the condition you are experiencing.  If I unplug the USB hub, My unit does transmit properly.

73, Bob
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Bob, I just have an ACOM PA on the another USB port, no hub. Swapping USB ports and using powered hub doesn't change anything. The ThumbDV works fine using Windows 10. 73.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Tim,

There is also bug tracker defect #4400 for DTSAR issues.  I would like to know what it's status is?  Is it being addressed?  

Cal/N3CAL 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    The status is it is currently under investigation. I really don't have any information on specific timeframes for addressing existing issues unless their release is imminent. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.