FlexRadio 6500 + ThumbDV not working

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Hi everyone. I finally got my ThumbDV, no problem at all installing it following Ed's how-to. Now everytime I transmit it only gets out what its sounds like the header frames but not the voice frames. I made a short video keying up and down monitoring the modulation using an FM receiver.

Using Windows 10 x64 and SmartSDR 1.10.16 (no problem at all in any other mode).

Any help will be appreciated.

73 de Gaston
Photo of Gastonet

Gastonet

• 54 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of MikeE

MikeE

• 17 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The ThumbDV has not been working for quite awhile now with SSDR. Flex is aware of the issue. Good news is that you can still use the ThumbDV with WinDV to get on the FM reflectors via the internet.
(Edited)
Photo of Gastonet

Gastonet

• 54 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for your answer Mike. Actually I have a bunch of DSTAR capable rigs in my shack, just bought the ThumbDV because I wanted to use with the 6500 (my main HF rig).

@FRS any ETA for the fix?

Photo of David Livingston

David Livingston

• 122 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Same issues for over a year on 6700...!!!
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Official Response
This issue is in our bug tracker as defect #4457.  I have added your info to the defect detail.  Thank you for the defect report.
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 449 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Tim,

There is also bug tracker defect #4400 for DTSAR issues.  I would like to know what it's status is?  Is it being addressed?  

Cal/N3CAL 
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
The status is it is currently under investigation. I really don't have any information on specific timeframes for addressing existing issues unless their release is imminent. 
Photo of Bob  KN4HH

Bob KN4HH

• 109 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Gaston, Dudley and I are having dialog about this condition.  I actually had a defective ThumbDV.  However, I also discovered that if I use a USB hub on the remaining USB port of my 6500, I have the condition you are experiencing.  If I unplug the USB hub, My unit does transmit properly.

73, Bob
Photo of Gastonet

Gastonet

• 54 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Bob, I just have an ACOM PA on the another USB port, no hub. Swapping USB ports and using powered hub doesn't change anything. The ThumbDV works fine using Windows 10. 73.