Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio 6500 low power output

Options
Michael Henry
Michael Henry Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flexradio 6500
HW version 1.5.1.70
When transmitting via DAX or Microphone, the output power never gets above 20 watts.  Radio had been working normally until last night.  I was operating JT65 and all fine running at about 30 watts.  This afternoon after powering back up, output power is very low.  I checked the DAX settings and it seems fine with the transmit level below 0db.  With the RF power setting at maximum I can only output around 20 watts.  I then tried the microphone on 10 meters with the radio set at USB and the microphone set to 50 percent.  I was only able to get around 10-15 watts output on both the SmartSDR RF power meter and also a Daiwa CN0801 that I have inline.  The SWR is below 1.5:1 on my hexbeam on all bands that I tried this on.  I have performed a factory reset of the radio and reinstalled SmartSDR v1.5.1.  Still having the same issue.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Power supply is a Astron 50 at 13.8v measured with a fluke meter.  Additionally, the amperage drawn is very low, less than 10 watts on the Astron's meter.

• Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Make that less than 10 amps.
  • Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It will also produce low power at tune with the tune Pwr at 100 percent.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Is the +20db mic setting on? Do you get full carrier in CW?
  • Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The +20 is on.  I have never used the CW mode.  When I select the CW mode and hit MOX there is no output.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Might want to open a helpdesk ticket directly with FRS?

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    With one 6300 here was the same issue - low power like 25- 30watts with full output - one of transistor RD100 in power amp was damaged . If no others make sence only this thing can be.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Michael Henry
    Michael Henry Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This ended up being a failed final.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.