Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio 5000A is it working with Intel Skylake chipset and windows 7, windows 10??

I tried to built a new fast PC for my Flex-5000a with PSDR 2.7.2. The mainboard was an Asus H70PRO Gaming. With windows 7 and 10 all kind of latency problems.

I build a new system with an ASROCK Z170PRO 4 mainboard. The same problems.

Is there anybody with a SkyLake chipset and a Flex-5000a without a problem?

Matt PA9DX

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What I would do?, call Dudly at Flex. Know your chipset on the nic card for your firewire. I'm sure he will get things working well for you....
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Martin, I have a customer who is experiencing issues with the Z170 Southbridge chip, the setup does not work on any setting except 48000Hz/512 bytes setting. 

I sincerely think its a firewire issue with the z170 chipset.

Does anyone have a firewire card working with a Z170 motherboard?

• Martin Van der Donk
    edited March 2016

The TI XIO2200 used in a lot of FW400 cards no longer works properly on any X99 / Z170 boards and your better off going for a TI based FW800 solution using the XI02213 chipset.

This card is working here with win10 and skylake.

Delock PCI Express Card > 2 x external FireWire B + 1 x external FireWire A
    Item No. 89153

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Martin. Is there documentation online about the incompatibility? The card I was trying to make work was indeed the XIO2200 chipset.

BTW, this is the chipset used in the recommended firewire adapter from Flex (and the one I use in my computers).

• Martin Van der Donk
    edited March 2016
    Dear Neal,

It's 100% the same problem I had! I think Flexradio shoot update their advice and advice not to use the TI XIO2200A chipset! I tried everything, but a new firewirecard with an other TI chipset made it work. After 4 months of trouble!
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Martin,
    I tried an 800 speed card that had 1 400 speed socket with the same result but I do not think it was the chipset you referenced. I will test with an 2213 card and see how it works.

Thanks for your feedback. I am sure this will be very common in the next months!

• Martin Van der Donk
    edited April 2016
    Neal,

This is the card I am using. It workes fantastic!

DeLOCK FireWire PCIe Card, 1xA+2xB Port, Controller(89153, Retail)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.