flexnet

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
I was really hoping to join in on the Flexnet today. If it weren't for the live stream video I wouldn't have heard anything. Unfortunately for me my 20 meter setup is a dipole and barefoot.

I found Dudley's audio adjustment presentation helpful and wish I could have gotten a critique of my audio. I worked the NAQP SSB yesterday and got some positive audio comments and one single comment (out of 200 Q's) that says my audio was "pinched". Being only a single comment I pretty much decided to ignore it. I'm basically using the RS-M207 DX default profile but brought the mid up just a bit.

It was fun to hear some news and also fun to hear some of the glitches. It made things real.

If anyone is interested in maybe trying something on 40 meters one-time or on a regular basis then I'd like to join in. It might be more regional but might be better suited for a minimalist station. I'm good with CW and digi modes but really want to try out the audio with someone that understands the Flex and can critique my setup.

Kev
Photo of Kevin K4VD, Elroy

Kevin K4VD, Elroy

• 860 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jim W3IPO

Jim W3IPO

• 32 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Is Flexnet recorded and available--maybe Youtube?

Kevin K4VD, Elroy

• 860 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
Check here... http://original.livestream.com/wa5qpz

I think you can find archives as well as the live stream when it is in progress.

Kev
Photo of Jim W3IPO

Jim W3IPO

• 32 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 613 Posts
  • 188 Reply Likes
Thanks for the live stream link.
(Edited)

Kevin K4VD, Elroy

• 860 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
Thanks to Doug for his critique of my audio setup with an on-the-air test. I'm feeling pretty confident I've got the RadioSports setup correctly. Still have a PR-781 to adjust but I think I know what to look for.

Now that I'm actually spending time on SSB I'm actually hearing quite a few Flex radio operators out there. I spent much of the afternoon listening to VA3WTB. I think he's using a 1000? Very fun conversation.

If anyone else is interested in a chat or even regular round tables on 40 meters I'd enjoy joining in and/or helping out.

Thanks all,
Kev K4VD