Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexModule Powershell Module (alpha testers?)

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in New Ideas
Any Powershell users out there? If so, I've got a new powershell module for you that uses the FlexLib API.

Consider this a very alpha release intended for powershell scripters and/or .net developers - it hasn't even made it to beta status. So anything and everything could change. There isn't any help content and definitely no documentation yet, so if you're gonna play with this, it will help to have some experience with powershell and scripting in general, and it is even better if you know how to clone software using Git or GitHub since that is where the code repo lives.

But if anyone wants to try it out as an alpha tester, go for it. The major stuff is working, connecting to the radio, getting/setting slice and panadapter settings, and even creating new slice receivers. Also, you can get/set/create new memory entries which is great if you want to make a CSV file and import them that way.

For the most part, these functions (cmdlets) are just wrappers around the major API functions that control the radio to make it easy to use from the command line. SSDR really needs to be running at the same time to use these properly. It *should* also support multiple radios on your network, but I only have one so I can't test that.

The current list of cmdlets are:
  • connect-FlexRadio
  • disable-FlexTNF
  • disconnect-FlexRadio
  • enable-FlexTNF
  • export-FlexDatabase
  • get-FlexCommand
  • get-FlexControlLog
  • get-flexlatestfolderpath
  • get-flexlibpath
  • get-FlexMemory
  • get-flexpacket
  • get-FlexPanadapter
  • get-FlexProfile
  • get-FlexRadio
  • get-FlexSliceReceiver
  • import-flexlib
  • new-FlexMemory
  • new-FlexSliceReceiver
  • remove-FlexMemory
  • remove-FlexPanadapter
  • remove-FlexSliceReceiver
  • select-FlexMemory
  • set-FlexMemory
  • set-FlexPanadapter
  • set-FlexRadio
  • set-FlexSliceReceiver
Be sure to back up your radio configuration in SSDR before you start to play with this.

DISCLAIMER: This is new code intended for experimenters and could have bugs and may cause unexpected results to your computer or your radio. If you aren't comfortable with this, do not use this software.

Other than that, have fun and feel free to provide constructive feedback and bug reports.

Oh, here is the link to the module on GitHub: https://github.com/rfoust/FlexModule

Enjoy!

-Robbie KI4TTZ

Edit: By the way, this is free. :-)
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Cool. I'll give it a shufty. I like me some Powershell.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Awesome. You can run get-help on the various cmdlets to see what parameters they accept. All of the functions that can change stuff accept -whatif and -verbose.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Also, the one main function I *can't* write yet is creating a new panadapter/panafall. Creating it is easy, but the radio sends the data streams back to powershell, not to SSDR. This doesn't seem to be an issue with creating slice receivers though (the meter data on the slice).
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Added something neat tonight that I don't think anyone has done yet. There's a new cmdlet in the module called "start-FlexScreenSaver" with the -Frequency argument that will keep the display on the front of the flex in sync with the frequency on the selected/active slice receiver.

The display updates kinda slow (limitation of the LED display i guess) but it's still kinda cool to play with.  The cmdlet is very basic, I'll make it more robust later.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.