FlexLogger V0.1.0.5

• Praise
  • Updated 5 months ago
Hello all,

FlexLogger V0.1.0.5 is released.

The primary changes are below... PLEASE READ FIRST!

If you have a prior version installed, simply go to the help menu and choose check for updates.

If you have a preliminary version of 0.1.0.5 installed you will need to uninstall first using the Windows control panel and reinstall using this new installer.

The installer can be found at:

http://www.ws7m.net/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-0.1.0.5.exe

Changes:

- Add support for FlexRadio 3.x and multiFlex
- Correction to ClubLog error trapping in configuration
- Working day/night shadow on map - Not super accurate due to inaccuracies. This is a work in progress.
- Add ability to direct configuration storage location via command line
   This allows you to save your primary configuration on shared drive if desired.  To use this feature:
   1) Copy your current configuration to your shared location
   2) Create a shortcut to FlexLogger
   3) In the shortcut target add:   -cfg "f:\thepath\to\your\share"
       Note!  ONLY PROVIDE THE DRIVE AND PATH.  NO FILENAME.
- KPA amp enhancements - Commands now stored in configuration
- Spots - Added support for adding history spots to list using command like:  sh/dx/20
  (this may not work with all variants of spot servers.  Let me know if you find issues)
- Spots - Greatly reduced the audio pop/click when posting spots (Thanks Don K1DBO)
- Spots - Added filtering by continent - Note... this is a work in progress!
- Column headers are now editable in all list views. 
   Unfortunately, a data structure had to change.  This means you will need to reset
   your custom column layouts in this version.  My apologies.
- Log entry now has option to fill fields from prior QSO with that station
- Log entry panel now has a small list to show any prior QSOs with that station

Known issues:

- HamQTH lookups seem not to be working.  This appears to be an issue with HamQTH
- Clock / map shadow is likely to be inaccurate as you go farther N or S from equator

A few more details:

Support for 3.x with multiFlex is very early.  After FRS releases the final version we will do a patch to update any minor issues.

Spots and Audio pops/clicks - Many thanks to Don, K1DBO the author of SliceMaster for help on reducing the audio issues with posting spots.   The issue is simply that if too much data is sent to the radio, perhaps before the radio has finished processing other requests the audio will pop and click.   This version of FlexLogger paces the send of spots to the radio.  This seems to have greatly reduced if not eliminated the audio pops/clicks.   I tested with 3 different spot sources all having skimmers turned on.  Spots were flooding in by the 10s and 20s and the radio audio was solid.

Column Headers - I received a number of requests to allow changing the column headers.  I've built this in for all list views however due to a change in the data structure you will lose any custom column setup you had with a prior version.  I apologize for this and I hope the data structure is stable.

If you own a KPA amp or KAT tuner I believe this version will be much more solid for you in controlling your amp and/or KAT tuner.

Storing things on shared drives.  I've had several requests from people to make FlexLogger be able to store things on shared drives.  For the most part that was baked in from the beginning however the primary config file was always written never where the program was installed.  In V0.1.0.5 you can now force the configuration file to exist on another drive or shared drive.  You must do this via a command line option.   To use this feature you need to follow these steps:

1) Make a shortcut to FlexLogger.exe.   
2) Edit the shortcut, after the target line add:  -cfg "f:\myshared\drive\location"
3) Save the shortcut.

Obviously replace f:\myshared\drive\location with a real location where you want to store your configuration file.

Make this same change on all of your computers and you can share the config file.  It is only valid for once instance of FlexLogger to be using a config file at a time.  But this shared ability means you can configure things one time and use FlexLogger on your desktop, shut it down and switch to your laptop and the settings are all there.

Other files like the databases and scripts, you can already in program configuration select a location for those files.

I currently store my database on dropbox.   FlexLogger in single user mode never keeps the database open.  The database is opened very quickly to query and/or write then it is closed again.  This makes it ideal for use on a shared drive.

I do plan for future versions to be multi-user on a LAN.

Lastly, the name.  This will likely be the last release of what we currently call "FlexLogger".  The next release it will have some new name.

I posted an option forum entry to gather some naming ideas and I will post a poll soon. FRS has politely asked not to include Flex in the name and I will honor that request.  So the next name we chose we be something different.

This next release will focus mostly on the app rename and I hope to make it 100% seamless so everything is just moved over to the new app automatically.

Mark

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1285 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Lou

Lou

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great Great cool job. Dont stop it
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 755 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
How about SDRLogger
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 207 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
I been stuck on "updating" for about 3 min. Am I in trouble?
... shutdown Flex SDR and update finished.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1285 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Craig are you set?  If not you can always run the uninstall from windows control panel, download the installer from the link above then run that to install.

Let me know if  you need help.
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 207 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Nope, thanks. Soon as I closed SDR I wont be called Flexlogger  anymore finished the update.
Photo of Zack Schindler - N8FNR

Zack Schindler - N8FNR

• 152 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
How about FRLogger?
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov

Sergey Abrikosov

• 258 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
Couple issue that i have:
1. something weird with these panels, it seems like one is behind another

2. All my imported QSO show Freq as 0.0000
I import N1mm ADI log to another log and to LOTW with no issues.
Here is a screenshot:

3. I may need some help with Spots, i cannot generate any.
I went to a Spot settings, choose "ve7cc" and mark all HF bands where I operate, going to a Spot Sources and double clcik to "ve7cc.ssf" to enter info to a right fileds,click save and connect.
At this point I am getting "Missing details" window that asking for a port and login. But Port 23 is already in the list and I when i put my call to "Login" screen and click connect, green messages asking for my call call again in the filed of "Login:"
I guess I am missing something here.

Sergey, KN7K
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1285 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Hi Sergey,

the audio panel does not do well when too narrow.  The buttons will overlap.  Simply put that panel in a wider location.

The frequency being zero is most likely that your computer is somehow set to swap the comma and decimal point.  This is an issue I have yet to fix but it is on my list.   Your localization language must be set to use the period as the decimal place.  In this version of FL you would need to fix that, delete your database and reimport.

Without any modification the ve7cc spot source should work providing you setup your station definition with your callsign.   Station is the second icon over to the right along the top with an antenna.  You create and save a station definition making sure the callsign is set. The ve7cc spot source will use that call sign to login to the spotserver.

To debug what is going on, if you got to the spot source editor, double click on VE7CC, the editor to the right should show the details for connecting to the list.  The list name (incorrectly shows VD7CC) is just an identifier.  The address, port and login prompt are important.  

They should be:

dxc.ve7cc.net
call:

The 3 is 3 second timeout

If you wish you could put your call in where it says "Log in using" and save the spot source.

This spot source window has a debug mode built in.  You can double click the VE7CC source, then use the connect button below to connect and see how it does.

If you wish, check the debug checkbox.   Connect then send me the log from C:\WS7MApps\FlexLogger\Logs  with todays date!

I'll try to figure out why you can't login.

Mark

Sergey Abrikosov

• 258 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
I tried to stretch audio panel with no success, i will try to take it out of the main window and stretch it again.

Regarding "The frequency being zero is most likely that your computer is somehow set to swap the comma and decimal point" - exactly my issue with other Windows Application- calculator, excel and so on. I tried to google this issue but cannot find solution yet.

I will send spot debug info tonight.
Sergey, KN7K

Sergey Abrikosov

• 258 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
I looked a little more to the frequency's that read Zero.
While main window read Frequency as Zero, i can see normal Freq reading at each QSO when open with Edit button.
Any idea, what could be the reason?
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1285 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Sergey,

This issue is still related somehow to decimal and comma issues.

I am going to work on those for the next release.

Your data is just fine and in the next release we can repair the display.
Photo of K1ESE

K1ESE

• 131 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Where can I find the basic documentation for the program?  I updated and now have only one panel at a time.

K1ESE
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1285 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
The program is brand new.  There is not much documentation... yet...

I assume you have a window with a bunch of tabs across the front.  Please watch this video on how to dock:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3oecu0xg8vxuqb/Docking.mp4?dl=0

To get back to the start and redock you can use the layout menu and restore default layout.
Photo of K1ESE

K1ESE

• 131 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Perfect.  Let me watch the video and I am sure that will answer my questions.

73, K1ESE
Photo of Jose - EA5SW

Jose - EA5SW

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The cluster spots are gone for me, I reset all layouts, connection with cluster works, but no one appear into the dx windows.

EDIT: Windows change the comma for period setting, changed again and works.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1282 Posts
  • 482 Reply Likes
Hi Jose,

Thanks.

This comma/decimal thing has moved to a top priority.

Mark