Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexLogger Emerges

123457»

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Sergey,

You can always email me direct at ws7m@arrl.net which may get a quicker response.

I am assuming you are running FlexLogger V0.1.0.5 correct?

If so I have seen this slow character speed issue myself and it was related to the radio taking too long to send back a CWX character processed event.

FlexLogger sends CW macros and text you type one character at a time.  After the characters is deposited into the FR buffer it waits for an event from the radio saying the character was processed.

I once saw my radio get real slow at returning those events.  So in V0.1.0.6 (not released yet) I have added an "event delay" which will cause a timeout if the event does not return before the timeout value.

While this will make your CW macros send faster if you are having a slow response it can allow macros to get out of sync.  For example assume you are sending:

TU <<<5NN>>> DE KN7K

As your macro.  The <<< and >>> act to change the CW speed so 5NN comes out nice and fast.

If the radio is working right and events are fast everything will sync up nicely.  When the final < character is seen the speed will be incremented to the new value and 5NN is put into the queue.  When the event for the final N is seen then the >>> will decrease the speed before sending DE KN7K.

However if the events are running slow and you use the timeout feature in 1.0.6 then you can get into a situation where >>> does cause the speed increase but perhaps only 5N is sent before the speed starts to back down.  So you end up maybe with a fast 5N and a slower final N.

The reason is that the timeout is taking over and allowing the character processing to continue before the character is really being sent by the radio.

I know this sounds complex and it is, but that is most likely what is going on.  I would try a radio reboot as well as perhaps a computer reboot and see if the delay between characters is faster.

Let me know what you find.

Mark
  • Ken
    Ken Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mark ... I am using the FlexLogger and I love it.  One question:  Are you planning to add a feature that will allow users to upload logs that are in Cabrillo / Text format to the logger?  I may have missed something obvious in the functionality but it looks like I can only upload "adif" files currently.  I probably have 50 or so contest logs that are still in Cabrillo format from N1MM+ that I would like to upload to my main log and as it stands, I'll have to convert each one of these to adif using a "text to adif" converter.  Is there a better way?  Thanks for your work in producing a great logger.

Ken, N5EE
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Ken,

Yes currently only ADIF.   I can add cabrillo but you are the first to request it.  I'll get it on the list and maybe get it in for the next release.

Thanks for the compliment.  The logger will continue to evolve!

Please check the website for it at http://ws7m.net/  You can also join the groups.io group for it from the webpage.

Mark
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mark, tried to download your latest creation and I get this error.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Bob,

I just tried it and it worked correctly.  

Try refreshing your browser then go to:

http://ws7m.net/index.php/download

Click on the link for 0.1.0.15

Let me know if you still have issues.

Mark
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Mark,
    As much as I would like to use you logger, it is still hard to use.
    It is been a while since I tried your log and decided to see whats new ver 0.1.0.15.
    It still not usable for me, i still see distorted scaled, cut buttons, cant change fonts, Frequency read as 0.
    Is there any update to address these issues?
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Sergey,

It is likely that the distortions you see are because you have your "Scale and Layout" in "Display settings" set to a value other than 100%

This will cause things to draw strangely.   A lot of people go for high resolution monitors and crank the resolution up to full then when fonts are too small they turn up the scale/layout option.   Only much newer frameworks can deal effectively with these settings.

I am sorry but I do not have an easy way to fix that issue.   My suggestion would be to set your scaling to 100% but if things are too small then decrease your monitor resolution until things get to be a size you like.

Regarding the frequency being 0.0.  I would need to look into your specific case and I am more than willing to do that.  I do have people all over the world using FRLogger without issues on frequency so it is likely there is some setting that is just not right.

The place to start is if you have any "localization" set in Windows.  IE do you have your computer set to act like it is in a foreign country.  If so then I would need to know exactly what you have set with some screen shots and we can try to figure it out.

If is also not clear since you are showing the "log list" if those QSOs were freshly logged using FRLogger or if they were imported from a different program.  If they were imported then I would love to see the ADIF file you imported from so I can try to figure out why the values were set to zero.

Please email me screen shots and settings and I'll see what I can do to help.

Mark - ws7m@arrl.net

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Will do, Thanks Mark
    Sergey

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.