Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexLogger Emerges

Comments

• Joe Camilli
    Joe Camilli Member
    edited January 2019
    Any chance the app will work with PSDR for us lonely 5000 users
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Joe, I wish I could say yes.  The radio connection is the issue.  The API as I understand it is very different.

That being said, you do not need to connect to the radio.  FlexLogger will work as a logger, show you spots in a list etc.  But connection to the older Flex Radios won't work.
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark
    What happened to the update ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
    Latest is 0.1.0.0.  Working great here
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have 0.9.2 when I check for updates it tells me I have the latest update.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Fred,  that is the latest... for now.  A much nicer version is in test and will be out soon.
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Mark I know you will do a good job.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi all,

I just released FlexLogger V0.1.0.1.   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to review this movie on how to deal with the panels:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3oecu0xg8vxuqb/Docking.mp4?dl=0

I am sorry it is a bit long but I think once you have a chance to check out the panels you will find you can do almost anything you want.

You can update to V0.1.0.1 using the check for updates under the help menu.  Alternatively you can uninstall using control panel and install using the installer at this link:

http://184.154.226.168/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-0.1.0.1.exe

Please do not attempt to run this installer without uninstalling the prior version first.  

Mark
  • Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark, EXCELLENT!

Don..W2XB
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mark, great video and program. Like all the new functionality. So wish there were videos like that for other programs and Flex features. Keep up the great work !
  • Don w2xb
    Don w2xb Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark, using the new version and working great. But when I use dx or spoting I can't send cw. Clicking cuts out my signal when I am sending. Don't get this with other logging software. With the clicking and cutting out for a second  makes it unusable for me. But can't say enough about how great the software is....

Don....w2xb
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Don,

That is actually a reported problem with the Flex Spot API.  It is not a FlexLogger bug.  See:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/slice-master-audio-pop-sending-spots-to-panadapter

It is variable though.  Sometimes I get pops, sometimes I don't.

here is the good thing... While the spots are not on the pan if you turn off posting spots to the radio, they still are in the list and you can click the trigger button.

Mark
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark
    How do I upload and download to LoTW ?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Coming soon Fred. Actually working on that as we speak.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Just keeps getting better. I've got to comment on the audio portion and how simple it is to record QSOs or from DAX mic and replay them locally or thru radio and rename them. Very nice. Perhaps adding the ability to tie function keys to saved audio.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Mike!

I will say that every now and then the audio panel refuses to record from Dax.  I think it is a DAX thing as if I restart Dax it works.

Anyway any and all suggestions will be considered!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mark, I like your program and the new layout possibilities. 
    In the radio control window voltage is shown as "3.1V" although the real voltage
    is 13.6V. All else works really well.
    I also have some suggestions: 
    1. Creating slices and panadapters from the program
    2. Reading/writing profiles and memories 

73 and thank you again for the great addition to SSDR,
    Alex - DH2ID

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Really enjoying seeing updates all the time. Great job Mark.

Minor thing, if I put a call sign in the log and then a make a minor change the Lookup info doesn't update. For example, I type EA4GLJ incorrectly, when I meant to type EA4GLI, so I go into the call sign field and delete the J and replace it with an I, I click on UPDATE or LOOKUP but the information from the first call sign I typed remains. I have to click CLEAR, type the full call sign again and then click on LOOKUP. It would be great if changes on the call sign will trigger the lookup or at least that I can click lookup and get the info without having to clear and type it again.

Thanks!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Alex,  Yes... Looks like the 1 is getting cut off.  I will take a look.

Creation of slices and pans is on the list too!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Salvador,

Yes the mistake callsign is awkward.  I will put some more effort into cleaning that up for better functionality.

Thanks for the support!

Mark
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank you, Mark! 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you ever decide to add a LOCALIZATION layer I will help you with the SPANISH version.
  • Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'll add another vote for SPE 1K-FA Support.  The amp is at my remote base.  I'm not sure what the firmware version is.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Do you need a PC at remote side for operation Flex and PA?

Log software run at your home PC !
  • Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I am running the remote base primarily through TeamViewer and have the FlexLogger running there.
  • Chip Swett
    Chip Swett Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same with the SPE App.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Latest version 1.0.2 Spots no longer were populating bearing, distance or grid. Exited the program does not remember what spot server (eg. ve7cc) selected. Exited the program again, checked ve7cc and bearing, distance and grid again being populated. Then exited again, and 50% of the time those fields are being populated so must be some traffic hangup.
    Want to confirm the checkbox POST TO RADIO does work, I had closed down SliceMaster to be sure.
    FlexLogger is in desperate need of a large clock display, perhaps at the bottom of Radio Controls where right now there is lots of room, or I suppose a separate panel with grey line feature.
    Looking forward to LOTW support as well as awards tracking. Huge feature in HRD I used to target my DX and country/band count.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

At the bottom, left are some outputs called Queues... The next time you see nothing being populated for spots check and see what the Queue readings say.

There are three:   Q1,  Q2, and PQ.    Q1 are priority lookups like when you enter a call into the log entry screen.   Q2 are lower priority lookups and the spots use this.

If the Q2 number is growing it means that the network or the lookup server is not able to supply the data fast enough.  The result will be no grid, bearings etc.

So let me know if that is happening.

On remembering the selected spot server, I will check that out.  It is supposed to remember the ones you had selected and restart them.

Yes on bigger clock.  Agree.  I have downloaded some map images and when things are a little more stable I want to put in grid tracking map, grayline map, bearing and distance map etc.

One more thing on spots and WSJT lookups.  It can hit the online services pretty hard so I am working on a prefix file.  The idea behind the prefix file is that we will attempt to match callsigns to known countries and from a country we will know continent and center grid square.  

I do understand that there is some overlap and mismanagement of callsigns so this will not be 100% but it may be enough to get a beam pointed the right direction for a vast majority of calls.

Where the prefix will fall apart is in the US where you can be a W1 and reside in Alaska.   So in the end lookups will be the best but I'm trying to get relatively good data in all cases.

I will have a simple LOTW working in the next version.  I would like to enhance it further.

Awards tracking is going to come but it is such a large undertaking that I want to make sure I fully understand it before I start down a road and realize what I am doing will not work.

Mark
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Alex,

This thread is so long I could not find your comment about the missing bin and updates not working.

Here is what I suggest:

1) Using control panel, uninstall FlexLogger.  Don't worry it will leave your data in place.

2) Download and install the latest version again:

http://184.154.226.168/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-0.1.0.2.exe
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mark
    will we be able to change font sizes later on ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.