FlexLogger Emerges

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi All,

A while back I showed my quickly spun logging program and found a fair number of you had some interest.  So... being the idiot I am I decided what I had was far from ready for others to use and I basically rewrote it from scratch.

The new program is currently called FlexLogger.  It currently has a fair number of cool features and the list will continue to grow:
  • Interfaces with your flex, provides a number of in logger flex controls
  • Fast database logging
  • Integrated spots with user configurable spot sources
  • Spots interact with your logger and any online looks you have enabled
  • Monitoring and automatic logging of WSJT-X QSOs
  • SPE serial amp monitoring and control
  • Scripting, assignment of scripts to quick buttons
  • Call lookup via QRZ or HamQTH
  • Qso posting to HRDLOG.NET  (club log coming)
  • CWX macros including speed changes and send of variables
And much more to come!  I have a really big list of future features.

It is in a very early state right now and there are bound to be some issues but I am dedicated to fixing what I can find and making this a really good little logging program.

If you would like to give it a try the installer can be downloaded from here:

http://184.154.226.168/flinstallers/FlexLoggerSetup-0.0.7.0.exe

There are a few things you need to do once it is installed before it is ready to use:
  • Click the gear icon, top left, to enter program configuration.  In here enter any online lookup services you use like QRZ or HamQTH.  There are also some preferences and if you have an SPE and wish to control it over RS-232 you can enable that here as well.
  • Next icon over you must create a station.  The next icon over allows you to define and save a station definition.  This includes things like call, location, grid, etc.
  • Next icon over will let you define an operator.  You can have multiple operators if you are lucky to have multiple hams in the house.
  • Next icon over will let you create a radio definition.  Currently Smartlink connect is not working but you can define details or IP addresses for where your radio is.
  • Next icon over will let you create a database.  FlexLogger will remember and use the last database you open but you can have as many databases as you wish.  For example if you are working a contest you might start a new contest only database.  Totally up to you.
Once you have done these steps you should be able to connect to your radio and the data shown in the slice panels should follow changes to your radio.

At this point you can poke around and look at things.  If you want to import your data from another logging program just export that data to an ADI file then use the log management tab to import the data into your FlexLogger database.

Once you have this version installed, future updates are handled by an in program updater that can download and update your copy to the latest version.

Operationally if you manually enter a call sign into the call field in the log, use the tab key to trigger lookups.   The esc key will clear log entries.

Again, this is very early.  there are some things that will change.  But let me know what you think.

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1365 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1680 Posts
  • 616 Reply Likes
Congrats, Mark!
Photo of Sergey Abrikosov

Sergey Abrikosov

• 312 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Mark,
It looks very good. I hope to get by radio back from service very soon and really would like to try it. 
One thing for the wishlist - do you have a Map in the Menus?
I am using LogHX that gives several options for the Maps, provide visual path to the station that I click on cluster, Lat, Lon, Dist and Azimuth.
Here is an example:

Does your Log have an option to see the active Slice?
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1364 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes
Hi Sergey,

No map yet.  But I have something like that on the list.

Currently, in this early form, there are slice panels for two slices, A and B.  Once I feel the slice panels work well and require minimal changes I will replicate them for slices out to H (6700 owners).  The slice panels take a little work to hook up so I don't want to do all 8 then find I have to make big changes to all 8.

The slice panels show and allow you to control virtually all parameters about a slice even the filter:

All of these controls are active including the filter box at the bottom.  You can quickly drag that lighter colored box around to change your filter center or edges.

The labels "Slice A" being yellow with a black background indicates this is the active slice much like the Yellow line on the SSDR.  The TX label, white over red indicates this is the TX slice.
Photo of Thomas Baxter

Thomas Baxter

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Can you make it Mac Compatible please
Photo of Gene Duprey

Gene Duprey

• 125 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
That would be great as I am Mac only.
Photo of Ted  VE3TRQ

Ted VE3TRQ

• 580 Posts
  • 206 Reply Likes
Depending on the user (GUI) API used to write the app, that could be a Herculean task :-(
(Edited)
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1674 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Mark 

Interesting!
Will there be a color theming feature for those of us that find MultiPSK style nauseating?  
Just kidding, sorta, or maybe not.  

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
           Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1358 Posts
  • 506 Reply Likes
Jay,

Right click on any panel to change the background color.  That color is remembered.  You can quickly set them all to standard background.  Obviously, there are some combinations that are sort of stupid:  Black background gives you a window where you can see nothing.  LOL  I don't have any foreground color set ability because there are many Windows controls that simply do not allow the color to be set.  They kind of ignore it.
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1674 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Mark 
Great, I won't need the bucket next to the shack desk then, so I can safely dig in and try out FlexLogger with no worries about nasty spills. I just thought it might be easier to ask for control of certain aspects of the GUI, sooner/now, as opposed to later, when changes might mean breaking important functionality, sounds like you knew that might come up. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
           Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Photo of Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

Tim - G7GFW / F4VQP

• 170 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
I have the Flexlogger software and what Mark has achieved in the last few weeks is amazing.

I am sure that this is going to be a heavyweight amongst logging programs. 

Tim
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1277 Posts
  • 481 Reply Likes
Thanks Tim!  Get out in the cold and fix your antenna!!!
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 819 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Loving this new program.
I am not familiar with scripts though . . . Is there an easier way to program a "macro" button to start a program.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1364 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes
Steve,

Right now no... But... This gives me an idea... 

It would not take much to add a new menu item "Start program..." which brought up a file open dialog.  You would navigate to the program then select it.  Once selected the code could generate a script automatically for you that starts that program.

I'll put it on the list!
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 819 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
That would be AWESOME
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1364 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes
Steve... Added that feature in 0.0.8.0 which is out now.  Check for updates.
Photo of Wolf - DF7KB

Wolf - DF7KB

• 30 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mark, Congratulations - Impressive !

As an enthusiastic EME operator . . . do you see a chance to implement an interface  for WSJT (not only WSJT-X) ?  That would make a difference for me.

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
Wolf,

Can you email me some specifics about what interfacing with WSJT would make it useful?  I have never run WSJT for EME or anything similar.

I will download WSJT and take a look at it but please send me an email on what specifically would make it work well.   ws7m@arrl.net

Mark
Photo of N8SDR

N8SDR

• 196 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Any possibility later for also including JTDX- similar to the WSJT-X package-But I find JTDX to be a bit better layout and function
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
I'll have to take a look at it.  I will put it on the list.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 784 Posts
  • 332 Reply Likes
I love this, Software development in Real Time directly with the users!
Great job Mark!
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
thanks John!
Photo of Tom Teague

Tom Teague

• 21 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I just imported my log and love what you have done here.  Looking forward to using it more.  Thank you for all your hard work.
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
Thanks Tom!
Photo of N8SDR

N8SDR

• 201 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Mark: Congrats your doing a great job!

If you need more hosting I'd be glad to post a download on my site or place a link to the file, just let me know. 
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 215 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Mark,
There are many of us that are into IOTA awards from the RSGB. 
Can you include the grid of the stationed worked and the relevance of that grid related to the island:
Keeping it somewhere near the country or State columns.
Ham Radio Deluxe does an excellent job in that area.
73, from IOTA: NA-138 Amelia (island, FL)
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Hi Ernest,

I have plans to add award tracking.   This should not be difficult.  I will need to understand it a little better.

Would you be willing to email me a description/overview of what it does and I will in the meantime take a closer look at HRD.

Mark   ws7m@arrl.net
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 623 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
Yes,
I will send you the information.
And sorry just returned from a little get-a-way trip. I will start working on that first thing on Friday. Thanks
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 238 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
wow is this easy except...I exported my HRD log as an ADI. Imported it to Flexlog, import prompt said it imported all my log, but, I can't get the imported log to display on the Flexlog screen.
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Hi Craig

Be glad to help you out.   

First, in 0.0.7.0 the import changed in such a way that when you run the import it brings the ADI data in into a temporary memory based file.  The plan was for you to visually review it then commit it.

I notice that the window in 0.0.7.0 is a little messed up and perhaps it was not clear.  But did you press the button to "Commit to database"?

If not, please try your import again but finish by pressing the commit button.  I will push an update later tonight that fixes the screen draw issue.

Also on the main tab "Log & Control" there is a refresh button near the log.  Try pressing that.

If you did press the commit button and refresh  it still does not show up for you.

1) Send me your most recent few logs from C:\WS7MApps\FlexLogger\Logs
2) Also send me your database.
3) Send me your ADI file you are importing from.  

I will dig in and figure out what is going on!

mark - ws7m@arrl.net
Photo of N8SDR

N8SDR

• 201 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Mark I was getting ready to suggest  that might be the problem, I imported almost 3000 Q's with no issues let it sort out its thing then,  when done press commit to database and all done.  
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Rick, I bet it is.  The form is messed up in V0.0.7.0 and I suspect it was that the commit was not showing.  

I'm gonna push an update tonight that fixes the screen.
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 238 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
No "commit to database" button on my menu. Will wait for your update and try again.
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Hi Craig,

Update is done.  Run flex logger, under help menu, check for updates.  

Let me know if you can see the commit button after that!

Mark
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 238 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Bingo! I like the popup flag reminding you to commit. Wonder if there is one of those on the on-line marriage license sites?
Photo of Mike RA3FY

Mike RA3FY

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mark!
Thank you for the your great job.
basically, everything works fine,
but the Lat, Lot, Distance, Bearing windows are remain empty.
Did I do something wrong ...

(Edited)
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

First, do you have your own lat/lon setup in your station definition:

Next for automatic look ups you have to enable QRZ or Ham QTH in program config.  You need to put in your login and password:

Assuming you've done all that then we need to look into if the online request is simply timing out.

If you have everything filled out you should be able to type in a call sign and hit the tab key and the lookup should occur.  If the lookup is successful you will get lat/lon and other station data on the callsign.

If you have data in the dialog and you want to lookup another station you must first hit Clear.  The lookups will not overwrite existing data.

If you are not getting that then it could be a network issue.

I will being making a few bug fixes tonight and will push an update.  In this next update I will add some logging and timing controls to the lookups and we will try to figure out what is going on.
Photo of Mike RA3FY

Mike RA3FY

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
no ways....
Did not get results
I've got right latitude and longitude settings,
and internet connection is fast and solid. 
Has set login and password at the qrz and ham qth is correctly.

(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1272 Posts
  • 479 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

If you are not running V0.0.8.0 please use help menu and run check for updates.  The update will download and then restart the program and install it.

With 0.0.8.0 I have some logging in place for QRZ and Qth lookups.   After you try a lookup and it fails please send me your latest log file from the directory:

C:\WS7MApps\FlexLogger\Logs

I'll try to figure out why it is not running for you.

Mark - ws7m@arrl.net
Photo of Mike RA3FY

Mike RA3FY

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did it.
Photo of Gene Duprey

Gene Duprey

• 125 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Now if it only could run on a Mac.
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
ya that would be nice!!!  
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
For those of you that have FlexLogger 0.0.7.0 I have updated it to 0.0.8.0.  go to the help menu and select "Check for updates..."

The changes:

Changes:

- Changed spots list font to correct size
- Changed audio list font to correct size
- Adjusted displays on log management view to fit screen 
- Added reminder popup message to commit imports to your database
- Added logging to QRZ and HamQTH lookups
- Fixed 160m spot filter issue
- Added spot filters for 2190, 630 and 560m bands
- Added "run a program" feature to macro buttons
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 190 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
I just downloaded and installed FlexLogger on my WinBlows 10 machine. Came up just fine, did a little config work. Then I 'threw the book' at it, 4992+ log entries downloaded from my QRZ log in the requisite ADI mormat....WOW, worked great and appears to be goin great guns so far. Great Job Mark... now, where is the 0.0.8.0 I downloaded just now?!    Jim KJ7S
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1363 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes
Hi Jim,

Good to hear.  Use the check for updates menu under help.  It will download and on your next restart of FL it will install the update.
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 130 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Unfortunately Flexlogger is not suitable for my monitors, Slice A and Slice B cover half of the log and control portion. Plus the active part of the logger is only a portion of the visible area, most of the area is white.
Also I cannot reduce the size of the  display, .
Ross
ZL1WN
Photo of N8SDR

N8SDR

• 163 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Ross , each of the windows is a pop-out and can be resized or move anywhere on your screen-  open it up find a section yo can see, right click on that window and choose pop-out now move and resize according to your needs, also a right click on each window will allow you to change that Panels color as well.. Hopefully this will help
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1282 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Ross,

Under the panel menu try reset panels to defaults.  Please note you can turn panels off too that you will not use.
Photo of Bernie W7DMC

Bernie W7DMC

• 35 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Mark, awesome job, thanks for all your hard work !
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1358 Posts
  • 506 Reply Likes
Thanks Bernie
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1365 Posts
  • 507 Reply Likes
Hi all,

Thanks for giving this try.  I realize there are some people with smaller monitors.  The very design behind FlexLogger is to allow you to customize the display as you see fit.

Each panel can be moved and sized.  To size a panel, click and drag on the size X in the lower right.  To move a panel click on the panel and just drag it where you want.

Under the panels menu you can turn off panels you don't want.  Use the panels menu and turn off the stuff you are not interested in.

If you have a pretty small display please email me the resolution of your display and I will see what I can do to ensure that FL will work reasonably well on that display.
Photo of Mike, W8BE

Mike, W8BE

• 172 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Mark,

Just downloaded the logger and noticed that you don't have support for Expert 1K-FA amp as a selection.  Would it be possible to add?

thanks
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1347 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

Probably.  Is yours a V3?   I had one for a while and I had code that worked.

It may take a little back and forth but we will see what we can do as long as you are willing to test for me.

Mark
Photo of Mike, W8BE

Mike, W8BE

• 172 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Mark,  I don't think mine is v3.  Its about 3 years old now.   I am guessing v1.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1347 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Mike,

I think you might be surprised.  Check the firmware version on the amp. That is what I'm referring to.

Mark
Photo of Volker Geith

Volker Geith

• 72 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Would be nice to have this support!
Photo of Chip Swett

Chip Swett

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'll add another vote for SPE 1K-FA Support.  The amp is at my remote base.  I'm not sure what the firmware version is.
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 677 Posts
  • 154 Reply Likes
Do you need a PC at remote side for operation Flex and PA?

Log software run at your home PC !
Photo of Chip Swett

Chip Swett

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am running the remote base primarily through TeamViewer and have the FlexLogger running there.
Photo of Chip Swett

Chip Swett

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Same with the SPE App.
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 130 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
How do I change the size of the log panel if it wont let me see the X?

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1282 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Ross, easiest way is to go to the panels menu at the top and reset panels to defaults.  This will size the log panel so you can see the X.

I will ensure the size box is visible in a future release.
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 130 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Unfortunately going to panels and default does not show the X on the log panel

Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 206 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
I got to it by going full screen on the window.
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
This looks like it will be incredibly useful and thank you so much for your work!
My current modus operandi are that I fire up JTAlertX which in its turn starts WSJT-X then other applications such as Log4OM, Slice Master 6000 etc.  JTAlertX is what logs to Log4OM and that in its turn logs to QRZ.com.

Does this logger make JTAlertX redundant? 

What should I stop using in order to use this instead?  I can see that I need to import my Log4OM logs into it (or do that from QRZ.com).  What happens with PSKReporter etc, all of which (AFAIK) take their data from JTAlertX?

I am very excited about this project and very happy to switch over to it once I understand what is required.

Thanks!  David G4NRT/Z21NRT
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi David,

First thank you for taking a look.

Please be aware the program is in the very early stages of functionality.  There will likely be issues and problems and there will be changes as the program evolves.

Since I use the FlexLogger myself it will be a priority to keep it functional for my own purposes so I do not expect to include breaking changes without some very careful thought on how to make them less painful.

Really the decision to move to this program will need to lay with you and how tolerant you are of a program that will be evolving as you use it.

As far as it replacing JTAlert I think the answer is no.  JTAlert does somethings still that FlexLogger cannot do.  It has all those nice fields to notify you of different calls and things you should work.  It also has audible alerts.  None of that is present (yet) in FlexLogger.  I have plans to add much but as a single developer with a full time job things will come in slowly at times.

I have not run JTAlert in a while but there is one possible issue.   The UDP broadcast made from WSJT-X seems to be setup in a way that there can only be one consumer of that broadcast.   It seems like the first connector to the UDP broadcast gets the data.  The others, while they connect, do not receive the data.  They get nothing.

I am not sure if this will be the case with JTAlert.  I have not had time to try it.  But I suspect if you run JTAlert first then FlexLogger will not receive data or the log broadcasts from WSJT-X.  If this is true then it motivates me more to build in some JTAlert type features into flex logger so it can be a replacement for JTAlert.  Anyway some testing needs to be done there.  When I get the time, perhaps this weekend I will check it out.

If however your main use of JTAlert was just to automate your logging and you really are not using the special features to notify you of calls and needed connections then you can do everything in FlexLogger.  Just set it to monitor WSJT-X and logging becomes almost 100% automatic.

Again with things like PSKReporter, I have all the intentions in the world of making those features happen in FlexLogger but they simply are not there yet.

So in the interim here is what you can try:

The best case test would be if JTAlert and FlexLogger play nice and both get the WSJT-X broadcasts.  If this works then continue to use JTAlert but set the logging off so that FlexLogger receives the log broadcasts and will log for you.  This is what I will try this weekend and see if it works or if there is a way to make it work.

The alternative if you really want all the JTAlert features is to keep running it.  Set Flex logger to NOT monitor WSJT.   Have JTAlert and WSJT-X set to log to an ADIF file (I think WSJT does this by default) and after a run just import that ADIF file into Flex logger using the import.   This not pretty but it would work.

Lastly if you can do without the JTAlert features then as I said you can do most stuff in FlexLogger.  But you will not get PSK reporting or the fancy needed call stuff.  FlexLogger will tell you about stations you've worked before.

I also do not have a way yet in FlexLogger to upload logs to QRZ.  Yet another item for the list.

Thanks David!  You just made my to do list bigger!   <grin>

Mark
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 545 Posts
  • 287 Reply Likes
Pretty impressive Mark. I would like to see some improvement in Log Management. For example, I successfully imported the adi that was exported by HRD. I would want to do this regularly but what it appears to do is append the entire log so now I have duplicates of every log. Should have a few options like ignore duplicates, and delete all.

Keep up the good work, wow!
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

Thanks.  Yes I agree.  The import needs to have some more options.   I will add your ideas to my ever growing list.

There is a tab called issues.   The goal of this is to allow you to fix issues in your current log such as duplicates, missing data etc.

Both import and issues can run each QSO through a script you write which can do almost any analysis of the QSO to determine how to fix it or import it.

I do agree that is a very advanced feature and for the average user some common ways to deal with things would be very hand.

Mark
Photo of Don

Don

• 109 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Great software Mark, I can't get log to show.Goes thru all steps

but it doesn't appear in box.
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
LOL... if the log doesn't show then it certainly isn't "great"... well yet...

So Don, the biggest possibility is that you did not press the "Commit to database" button.

this is the final button on the import.  It looks like this:

If you are running 0.0.7.0 then it is possible this button is covered up and you cannot see it.  Also try making the window full screen if you do not see the button.

If you are running 0.0.7.0 then use the help menu to check for updates and update to 0.0.8.0 which fixes some screen issues.

If you still don't have any luck, let me know what version you are running of FlexLogger and send me your ADI file you are trying to import and I'll see what I can figure out.

Mark - ws7m@arrl.net
Photo of Don

Don

• 109 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Tks Mark, 
Got didn't have version 8

Don...w2xb
Photo of Charlie Rubenstein KB8CR

Charlie Rubenstein KB8CR

• 94 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Very nice !!
Photo of Steven Greenbaum

Steven Greenbaum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mark, great looking log.  The filter that is being used for cw is not hi-lighted when the program starts in cw mode.  Just a small oversite I am sure.  

Keep up the good work!
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
Hi Steven,  That is actually harder than it looks.  It is on the list to get those filters to update.
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 166 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Mark
How do I upload and download to LoTW ?
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
Coming soon Fred. Actually working on that as we speak.
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 430 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
What data base are you using? I currently use Log4OM, which uses SQL light. Can Flexlogger use the SQL DB ?

Thanks....
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
It is using SQLite but the models are quite different I'm sure.
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 430 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Question: What do you mean by models are different ? I am not a database expert and could use some definition as regards to nomenclature. I was hoping that I could point your ap to the present sql light database and use it in parallel with log4OM. I use Log4OM with FT8 and would use Flexlog. For SSB operation. On another note, while doing a search on your SW I found that there is another piece of SW OF a commercial origen that uses Flexlog as it’s title. Be careful of copy right problems. National Instruments is the company.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1350 Posts
  • 503 Reply Likes
Sorry Pat,

Databases store records in what are called "rows".   A row is one group of data consisting of "columns".

A model is a code picture of one row.  The model has to have a field to match each column.

When I say the models are likely different what I mean is that while SQLite allows me to discover the columns names in the tables in the Log4OM database I may not know exactly what each column is used for.  Not always are the column names descriptive.

What you want to do is possible but not right now.  I would have to look at Log4OM data structure, perhaps contact the author and determine how we could interact with that database.

I will send them an email.  I do own a copy.

Mark
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 430 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, thanks for educating me on the subject. Much appreciated. Yes compatibility would be a great thing on the DB side. CAT compatibility seems to be moving in that direction. My SPE amp plays well with my Flex. It has helped reduce the SW load needed to make radios and other devices work with each other.

Again, thanks....