Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexLib.NET Nickname Property Inconsistency.

K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR API

There is an inconsistency in the value returned by the Nickname property between the API and RADIO objects.

In the Radio Setup for my 6700, I have Nickname set to "Ray" and Callsign set to "K9DUR".

If I access the API.RadioList(0).Nickname property, it returns "Ray".  However, if I access the RADIO.Nickname property, it returns "Ray,_K9DUR".

Shouldn't these two properties return the same value?

73, Ray, K9DUR

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this into the bug tracker for additional investigation.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Ray,

We went off to try to duplicate this issue and we aren't seeing what you're seeing.  The RadioList is a collection of Radio objects, so RadioList[0].Nickname and RADIO.Nickname (meaning the same object) should definitely match as they are literally the same field in the same object.

I suspect that this may be a result of having 2 versions of Discovery packets being sent out (for backwards compatibility).  The older version of Discovery packets used a different method to figure out the nickname, however, the newer version should get the right answer and they are always sent back to back.  So perhaps if you checked the value immediately after the first packet arrived (and before the second), you might see something like this.

If you need help setting up to test whether this is the case, please shoot me a direct mail and we'll get this figured out.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Eric,

I am still consistently getting this result.  Haven't gotten back to you earlier because I have been buried.  This week, I am getting ready for the booth at the Fort Wayne Hamfest this weekend,  as soon as I get back, my 6700 is heading to Austin for the PEN.  I will get with you after I get my radio back.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    We addressed a similar issue recently with the Nickname that may address yours as well.  Keep us posted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.