FlexLib API Visual Studio Examples?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
Drawing a blank on complete Visual Studio project examples using the FlexLib API.  I guess I could stare at the CAT code for a few days, or perhaps someone has an example that connects to the radio and does something simple (like set frequency from the keyboard).  William's Midi control surface code has inspired me...
Photo of Asher - K0AU

Asher - K0AU

• 222 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Larry da Ponte

Larry da Ponte

• 159 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Search this forum and you will find example VS projects that use the FlexLib.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Click Categories above and select SMARTSDR API. there you'll find a ton of info. If that doesn't help, drop me an email (I'm good on qrz) and I'll zip up a test project I have (C#) and hopefully, that will help you out.
james
WD5GWY
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Asher, I tried to send you an example project to the email address (I clicked reply) from your email that you sent. I got a message back saying that it was rejected because of an attachment. (the project file) It seems your email service doesn't like zip files. Drop me another email from an address that will allow zip files to go thru and I'll send it again.
james
WD5GWY
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Check your gmail account Asher. I looked you up on qrz and sent another email and attachment. Maybe that will get thru.
james
WD5GWY
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Well, I tried to send to the 4th email address you provided Asher. Same results, even with the exe's missing, it bounces back!! I sent another person the same project, with everything intact. And so far, it has not bounced back. We'll see!
james
WD5GWY
Photo of Robbie - KI4TTZ

Robbie - KI4TTZ

• 484 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
You can check out the Powershell interface I wrote. It is written in the powershell syntax so it isn't C#. It still uses flexlib and .net though.

https://github.com/rfoust/FlexModule/
Photo of Asher - K0AU

Asher - K0AU

• 222 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
All my email accounts are blocking incoming Windows zip/exe files.  Probably a good thing overall.  James - thanks for the valiant effort!  Larry - if you see any examples of FlexLib projects using VS, please post a link.  I can't find them.  Robbie - thank you for the Powershell links on github.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Asher, I set up an Dropbox account and uploaded the project there. I sent you a link to it.
Hope this works for you.
james
WD5GWY
Photo of Asher - K0AU

Asher - K0AU

• 222 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
James, downloaded, built and ran your app.  Immediately connected to the radio.

Thanks so much - this is a huge help.  Will let you know if I figure out how to make anything useful.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1060 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it worked out.......FINALLY!! Have fun and don't forget to share what you learn here.
james
WD5GWY
Photo of Igor  Rybin

Igor Rybin

• 32 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

there is a connection, but the control commands do not work, some problems with the syntax of the arguments And what's the point in this shell and the connection if they do not work independently of SSDR? I would like to have a graphical user interface with FlexRadio API functions.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1056 Posts
  • 302 Reply Likes
The example I linked to was built with an earlier version of the API. Also, it was created before v2.x.
You will have to build a different interface to allow for selection of your radio. It needs to be able to see if the radio is in use before allowing your app to connect to your radio.
Until v3.x is released, the only way to have a full graphical interface including a panadapter and waterfall, is to write a standalone app that runs without SSDR running at the same time.
I and others have done that. But, my app has not been updated in a long time. It needs rebuilt with the latest version of the API. Just been too busy with work and life in general to redo it.
But, with multi-client coming, I plan to update my app.
James
WD5GWY
Photo of Igor  Rybin

Igor Rybin

• 32 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
James, thank you for the answer. I am now trying to deal with the connection through the API autonomously. It would be nice to have at least an old version of your program, so as not to do everything from the beginning.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1056 Posts
  • 302 Reply Likes
Igor, I will check my Dropbox account and see if it's still there. If not I will upload it again and post the link here. As you can see, this thread is 4 years old. So, that code might be on my Vista drive.
James
WD5GWY
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1056 Posts
  • 302 Reply Likes
Igor, here is a link to a simple program written with C# that will connect automatically to a 6000 Series radio. I updated it to include the needed dll files for version 2.4.9 of the Flex library. You will have to link to the dll files within Visual Studio (I'm still using 2017) There are two zip files one containing the project and the other containing the dll files. I was a bit lazy and did not put the dlls in a folder with the project itself. But, you can do that yourself.
This program connects to your radio, once you've clicked the connect button. It will show basic commands and responses to and from the radio. It does not have a panadapter or waterfall.  That you will have to add. Parts of this program are examples form K1PGV (Peter) who was kind enough to share with the community his experiments with the api. That is why it's named: K1PGV's test program. Ideas and howto's are based on his work which can be found in the API forum.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. My email address on qrz.com is good.
James
WD5GWY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxoloel61n6gbu1/Files%20for%20Igor.zip?dl=0

(Edited)