Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexing at Dayton/Xenia 2018

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The Flex DX & Contest dinner last night was clearly a very well done event with both good food and excellent presentations. Today, the FlexRadio exhibit, which looked even larger than usual to me, was very busy. There appears to be a lot of interest. I was a bit underwhelmed at the attention the new Yaesu FTdx101D and the Kenwood TS-890 were not receiving. Both were under plexiglas covers, and no spec sheets available. Yaesu has some info online for this SDR offering, but the Kenwood is a down-converting traditional design. Xenia’s venue still needs some work although the bathrooms certainly are better than the Hara! Great food opportunities from the various vendors. And thats what i did on my spring vacation! (And it was great to say hello to Piero Begali again - what a nice guy he is!). If you couldn’t make it this year, hope you can in 2019.

Comments

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like your having a great time did yaesu have an estimate of availability?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I understand attendees of the Flex banquet were shown some new features of SSDR v2.3.  Can anyone elaborate on what's coming in v2.3?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    I really hate that I'm missing it this year.  Neal and I have been holding down the fort while everyone else gets to play "hamfest" (just kidding, it is five 16-hour days in a row with getting home in the wee hours of Monday morning - it's real work).

I can't find any specs online for the FTdx101D.  I'd love to see a block diagram to determine how much SDR is in it.  All I see for a reference to a waterfall display.  I'd like to know the sampling rate.  They reference a sub-receiver, so not sure if it is a fully independent (separate digitizer) or just slice receiver.  Hopefully, there will be more details forthcoming.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tim and Neal!! We appreciate your long hours and dedication to Flex!!! Have a relaxing weekend!! Robert. WA6PHN
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim - I can’t find it now. I only remember RMDR, IMD, and BDR numbers posted. Nothing really useful. We couldn’t get an answer on availability for the Yaesu, but heard and estimate of 4Q this year for the 890.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    What's a weekend?  Oh, you mean the sixth and seventh Monday of the week.  Lately, I wish I knew what a weekend actually was ;-)
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Here it is: camera flash OFF, but difficult to photograph because of the thick plexiglass and overhead lights. imageimage
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Go see the new movie DP 2 in IMAX, just came out!!! For 2 hours you will be transformed into Never Never land!!! :-) 

Robert
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    3rd IMDR is 110,, RMDR  112, BDR  150.. This was from a  video someone shot..  This was the Kenwood Radio..
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Only specs I have seen are on gigaparts site for the reservation
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, Robert. Looks like my memory was off after a long day. It was the 890 I saw the numbers for - here: https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/8kczv3/new_kenwood_ts890s_announced_at_hamvention/
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    From what i have heard Flex and SDRDuo were to main attractions... 
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What, no ethernet port?

• Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    New Kenwood .. short You Tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQx9ocxft-E
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited May 2018
    USB 2.0??? Wow, how we hold on to old tech. (I wont say anything about DVI vs HDMI since its been commented about already else where)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.