Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl Functionality

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
FlexControl Functionality - Is there a way to adjust the tuning rate for the FlexControl currently? Or is there a way to adjust the tuning rate for the mouse scroll wheel? For example, independent rates would allow you could choose a fast/course tuning rate on the FlexControl and slow/fine tuning rate on the mouse scroll wheel. Also are these related comments correct? I realize some of them are not in the FRS wheelhouse so would welcome feedback from the group. - The additional FlexControl functionality slated for V1.2 in SmartSDR will provide tuning rate, macros, button functionality etc - DDUtil does not currently support the FlexControl in V3 (but development is underway). Anyone know the ETA? - The SmartSDR and DDUtil FlexControl functionality will be similar. The biggest difference will be where you go to make adjustments. (i.e. the SmartSDR gui or the DDUtil application) Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
Tagged:

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Al, My comments are inline with your questions: - The additional FlexControl functionality slated for V1.2 in SmartSDR will provide tuning rate, macros, button functionality etc I would recommend you look at the advanced Flex controls used in PowerSDR for the minimal functionality you can expect. - DDUtil does not currently support the FlexControl in V3 (but development is underway). Anyone know the ETA? This question is best answered by Steve Nance in his DDUtil Yahoo group. - The SmartSDR and DDUtil FlexControl functionality will be similar. The biggest difference will be where you go to make adjustments. (i.e. the SmartSDR gui or the DDUtil application) One of the primary differences that the current implementation of Flex Control in DDUtil gives you is the ability to define macros and assign them to the buttons. I recommend you provide your suggestions here on the functionality you would like to see. Mack W4AX
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Mack, Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if my questions/assumptions about the current functionality are correct? FlexControl Functionality - Is there a way to adjust the tuning rate for the FlexControl currently? Or is there a way to adjust the tuning rate for the mouse scroll wheel? For example, independent rates would allow you could choose a fast/course tuning rate on the FlexControl and slow/fine tuning rate on the mouse scroll wheel. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Dan, Tnx, that is what I thought but didn't see it noted anywhere. FYI, I took Mack's advice and posted to the DDUtil forum and Steve replied that the FlexControl development is underway. "Al - Yes, I'm working on the F6K Tuning Knob support for v3 and it shouldn't be too long before it's ready." Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Very intresting Post, I loveto use FlexControl for send CWX1..2..3 I hope to find more fuction, as such as a Split fuction, Swap VFO slice and audio,  STOP function for stop a message of CWX macro....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have really enjoyed my Flex Control Knob.  But there have been several time that I have wished for one with just one more row of buttons on it!  It is so very handy...

Ken - NM9P
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ken,
    More buttons are nice......and why I use 2 FlexControls.   SSDR and DDUtil each provide some unique button options and having both is handy.   Since I use DDUtil anyway for controlling my amp and antenna switch, it didn't require any extra software.  

I use one knob for tuning and one knob for slice volume.  And have 6 buttons (or 8 if you count the knob itself) for various functions.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Reinaldo
    Reinaldo Member
    I never managed to get my FlexControl to work on an of my computers. The last suggestion from Flex support was to install a legacy USB 2 board. Unfortunately my 2 computers is a laptop ad a "all in one lenovo" with no expansion slots.
    Is there an alternative for a knob? Particularly now that the knob is out of stock. I use a Maestro but most of the time at home I prefer the big monitor screen.
    Thanks for your attention.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Reinaldo, if you have v3.x, you can use the buttons and knobs on the Maestro while using the panadapter in SmartSDR using SmartControl.

Another option is to build a TeensyMaestro if you like building things. There is a thread on this forum about it.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Reinaldo, if you have v3.x, you can use the buttons and knobs on the Maestro while using the panadapter in SmartSDR using SmartControl.

Another option is to build a TeensyMaestro if you like building things. There is a thread on this forum about it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.