Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexcontrol Configuration Issue

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SSDR 1.3.8. Flexcontrol connected to COM 3, which exists in SmartCAT.

My FlexControl works. The issue is that the configuration panel SSDR > Settings > FlexControl... is blank, or rather the drop down boxes for each control are. So I cannot either configure it or check which buttons do what. I have just used it for tuning so far, so don't know when the issue started.

I have tried plugging it into the PC directly instead of the hub, rebooted the PC, loaded and reloaded SSDR and SmartCAT etc and nothing has made any difference.

How can I get the configuration options back?

Update: After about an hour of fiddling or skilful troubleshooting, the options are back and I don't know how or why.

TIA

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Any ideas as to what is going on here? It does not happen very often, but the above was not the first time.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Best I can come up with is that when using such a low COM port for the Flex Control, and having other legacy software on the computer that may occasionally hijack it, it sort of "gets lost" once in a while.  I moved my Flex Control Knob interface to Port 59 or something like that just to get it out of the way and I have not hand any recurrences.

Ken - NM9P
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Ken, I'll give it a try. But the FlexControl was fully functional, just the ability to configure it was lost. Very few COM ports used here, only the four in SmartCAT and no others in Windows device manager.

Best 73, Guy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.