Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl Changes Functions

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My FlexControl knob changes functions on its own.  My buttons are AUX 1 = Slice AF, AUX 2 = AGC-T, AUX 3 = RIT, main knob = Tune Slice.  SmartSDR version 1.8.4.168.  FlexControl is assigned to COM160.

I select AUX 1 for Slice AF.  I next go to the main knob for Slice Tune.  On its own, the FlexControl will go back to AUX 1.  It may take 15 seconds, it may take 5 minutes, but it will always go back.  This is a real surprise when you decide to change frequency a second time and when you turn the knob you get a blast of AF instead of a different frequency.

Not a huge thing, but annoying.

Just me?  A fix?

73 de K1ESE
John

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Stewart, GM0GTU
    edited August 2016
    Hi John,
                   I had a similar problem a wee while ago. Every time I turned-on my Flex 6500 the Flexcontrol settings were gone.
    Dudley WA5QPX suggested that I delete or rename the ssdr settings file in SmartSDR, so that it would create a new file. This worked, and It's been fine since.
    Worth a try?

Best regards,  Stewart  GM0GTU
  • Ira Stoler
    Ira Stoler Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm having the same problem with FlexControl and SmartSDR.  Randomly but consistently mine lights up AUX2 when tuning knob is selected.  Where is the location of the ini file Stewart mentioned?

Thanks.
    Ira K2RD
  • Ira Stoler
    Ira Stoler Member
    edited April 2018
    Found it!!  Deleted ssdr.settings and problem seems to have disappeared!

Ira K2RD
  • Ira Stoler
    Ira Stoler Member
    edited September 2016
    I spoke too soon.  Just took longer to happen.  Not fixed?
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Something similar has been happening to mine lately.  Every so often, AUX3 (XIT) will come on by itself.  The setting hasn't changed, but it just activates itself without me pushing the button.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    I have added a defect (#3934) to our bug tracker to investigate this reported behavior.
  • Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Tim, is this issue still unresolved? I am still experiencing it on SSDR v2.0.19.
    Any idea on time to resolution?
    Ron

• Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    The defect is in an open and unassigned state. I do not have any ETA information on it. 
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I too noticed this defect yesterday after updating to 2.0.19.  The middle light will change randomly to the third light choice.  Will delete the ssdr.settings file and see what happens.. 
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I also having this problem..
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    After a help desk ticket and trying all suggested solutions, I still have this issue and got tired of trying to fix it.  As an aside, I usually use N4PY software with my Flex and N4PY assigns a large number of possible functions to the knob.  Never had the problem when N4PY accesses the knob, so assume the hardware is fine.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Has this issue with the FlexControl changing function been resolved? 

Flex 6400 ver 2.1.32.104

Aux 1 is set to tune active slice.  After a few minutes, and this varies, it changes on its own to Aux 3 which is set to AGCT.  It does not on its own change to any other function after this.

I have not seen this prior to v2 when I was using a 6300. 
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Lionel, have you resolved your problem? I'm thinking about buying one but, unless I've missed it,  I haven't seen a published resolution since it was mentioned 2 years ago.
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Still the same problem here.

73 de K1ESE,
    John
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    v2.1.33 
    FlexControl changes state randomly without user interaction. Ends at right-most position.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well, I've decided its no longer a problem though probably not a feature.  I use the three buttons, left to right, as AGCT, Slice Audio, and Slice Freq because I found the control was not switching randomly but always came back to the right most button.

Slice Freq is my most used it comes back from AGCT or Slice Audio on its own.  Now, for me it is useful. 

Also these are the only three Flex Control functions that I use.  Maybe I'll try some others.

I have no idea why it always switches back to the right most button, maybe it is supposed too.  Never noticed this until month ago.
  • Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    John, Lionel, Have you tried using the DDUtil program for the Flex knob? I used it with my 6500 and now the 6600. It’s a very good program that can be used for other functions ie. amps, tuners, etc. Never had a problem with the knob. John, W8AGS
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I use N4PY which performs many of the same functions as DDUtil as well as others. 

The Flex Control woks perfectly with N4PY.  The problem only shows up when the Flex Control is being used directly with SmartSDR
  • Michael Thursby
    Michael Thursby Member
    edited May 2018
    I am also having this problem.
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Also having this problem here...  Flex 6300 w/1.11.12
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Just updated SSDR v3.0.27.131 . FlexControl continues to shift function without input. I have two FlexControls exhibiting the same behavior on multiple computers. #Annoying

W7NGA
    Seaside, Oregon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.